German Shepherds Forum banner

My new friend Max

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  HarleyTheGSD 
#1 ·
He's a German Shepherd, Siberian Husky Hybrid. I've owned german shepherds exclusively my whole life, but this guy was just too friendly not to take him home.

He got a bit grumpy at my cat earlier :)

His markings look a little shepherdy and a little huskyish, but don't really match either. I am wondering if he's likely to change his coloring significantly as he grows. He's currently 7 weeks old

His sire was a dark colored husky, 75lbs. His dam was a very classic light brown and black German shepherd who weighed just over 80lbs...Is there any way to estimate how big he might get from this info?

See less See more
#2 ·
I always learned to look at the size of the paws, and according to the pictures his paws look not too big but not too small. If I had to guess, and based off the information given, I'd say around 65-75 pounds. His coloring will most likely darken a bit as he grows. His fur now is so beautiful, I see a hint of sable? Well, he is a very cute puppy and I hope you two have fun together! Best Wishes!

Good Luck :)

#4 ·
Oh my, he is just too adorable!! :wub: What a cutie!

Weight wise he should be very close to his parent's weight fully grown

#9 ·
So i've had him for 24 hours and Max just doesn't fit his personality... I've decided to go with Chewbaca (chewie)... when he gets frustrated he makes this weird whiny sound that sounds just like a wookie

Can anyone tell me if, looking at the pictures, you think there might be something else in the mix other than husky and GSD? The owners showed me his mother, who was clearly 100% Shepherd, but I have no way of verifying the pedigree of his father. I saw pics, and he certainly LOOKS pure bred, but having never seen him in person, i have no real way to know.

just curious on the thoughts of the experts (that's you guys)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.