German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/)
-   -   Can anyone tell me what type GSD this guy is? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/450562-can-anyone-tell-me-what-type-gsd-guy.html)

KayDub 05-15-2014 07:05 PM

Can anyone tell me what type GSD this guy is?

1 Attachment(s)
Title says it all. Just curious as to what type of a GSD this fellar might be.

SARpup 05-15-2014 08:36 PM

Well the coloring is sable. I don't know what "type" you are looking for. It looks like a mix to me.

KayDub 05-15-2014 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was just curious as I believe this to be the father of my pup. I inquired to my breeder about some pups they had. Received pictures of the mother & father but the litter sold out. They had another litter that has just been born so I waited & got one from the second litter. I'm assuming they had two females bred by this male. So I was just curious what type he was to maybe judge what mind will end up like... here's my pup at 10wks

devinh 05-15-2014 09:10 PM

I'm curious. You bought a puppy without meeting the mom and dad?

llombardo 05-15-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devinh (Post 5523970)

I have 6 dogs and I met the dad of one of them and that was 3 years later. Not everyone meets the parents. The only bad thing about that is I sometimes wonder what the parents looked like .

SARpup 05-15-2014 09:18 PM

Well from MY experience (which is not as extensive as some on this board) The sable shepherds USUALLY are working line type dogs with lots of drive and need a job! Do you have pictures of the mom? That is really a terrible picture of the dad if it is the dad. I thought it was a female from looking at it, the muzzle and features are more feminine to me but again that is just my opinion. Again I think this is a very unflattering picture of this dog and I would request others and pictures of the mom.

my boy diesel 05-15-2014 09:21 PM

a pedigree would help more than some fuzzy bad pics
llombardo when purchasing a dog one should strive to meet the parent before the purchase yes

llombardo 05-15-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my boy diesel (Post 5524058)
llombardo when purchasing a dog one should strive to meet the parent before the purchase yes

Well there you have it , I don't purchase dogs, I adopt them or rescue them so it just doesn't happen for me and it's not important in my situations.

KayDub 05-15-2014 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by devinh (Post 5523970)

Yes I did, take into mind though that I live in an extremely rural part of KY. It took me over six months to find anyone that breed them. In these parts you usually don't go to peoples properties that you don't know. I met them in a public place and picked from the females they had as I requested for a female. Also she's not registered I didn't pay very much so it wasn't of the utmost concern.

I'm just here asking about the father cause I'm curious.

Below is a picture of the mom from the 1st litter I inquired about. It was a month later I received my pup from a second litter. That's why I do not think this is my dogs mother.

KayDub 05-15-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my boy diesel (Post 5524058)

I'm sorry I was just curious, I thought it would be fine and fun to ask the opinions of everyone. I'm a first time owner of a GSD, didn't even actually realize there were many different kinds. This is the first dog I've ever paid for unfortunately I didn't have the luxury of meeting the parents to satisfy my curiosity.