German Shepherds Forum banner

German Shepherd and ? Mix

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  kjess01 
#1 ·
I've had my puppy for about a month now and she has been great! I adopted her from a German Shepherd shelter, but with her tail curve, she must have some arctic breed in her. What do you think she looks like? My guess is shepherd/malamute or shepherd/husky.

-Sean

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
there are GSD with a "gay tail" meaning that the tail is carried above the level of the back. It is a fault .

credit to Linda Shaw for this illustration

Rear--correct saber

Correct Side

Correct in Motion
16) TAIL:Bushy with the last vertebra extending past the hock joint. It is set smoothly into the croup and should appear to hang as a plume. At rest the tail hangs in a slight curve like a saber. When the dog is excited or in motion, the curve is accentuated and the tail is raised, but it should never curl forward beyond the vertical line nor above the level of the back. The tail should never be carried straight out or rolled up over the back. A tail that is raised above the vertical line and/or past the horizontal line of the croup is a DISQUALIFYING FAULT. Tails that are too short, thin, or ratty should be severely penalized.

Screw

Standing Ring

Ring Tail in Motion

Hook

Standing Hook

Gay Tail in Motion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.