German Shepherds Forum banner

Apsel and his current pack***ALittlePicHeavy***

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  ApselBear 
#1 ·
Younger(~2 months ago) Apsel(note the dirt lined nose>.>)

Yesterday's Apsel(Again note the dirt lined nose -_-) He's 6months and a week old here

Maverick 2+ years old

Gypsy 2+ years and her whole litter :shocked:

Blondie 3-4 years old Yellow Labrador(Alpha dog) Do not run, she will chase you.

See less See more
#7 ·
Beautiful pack! I can see the lab in Blondie (it is clearly in her eyes). :apple: Am I correct in thinking that she is of the famous Buff Orpington lines?

P.s. Where is Faldo?

#10 ·
Indeed she is, but don't tell her.
Sadly no Faldo:( He may be my next addition though.

Your pictures made me so happy! I've a sable shepherd and a blue heeler too, admittedly your dogs are better looking. Do you professionally breed heelers?
Nope we don't have the time or want to professionally breed them. Our heelers aren't registered even though they're from akc lines. We let them have two litters, 1 set of 7 pups and then the lone ranger in the last, for some friends who loved Mav and Gypsy. Gypsy is getting fixed in the next few weeks I think.

There's just something comical about GSD's and their big, dirty noses! What a nice gang you have, bet they are great! Bob
Great handfuls! Love them though. Thanks Bob!

#11 ·
Nice photos :) The chicken had me laughing, I had to look back and forth between the caption and photos a few times :laugh:

#13 ·
Right, he weighed 64lbs on March 28th when we had his vet checkup. My guess is close to 73, but I don't have the necessary resources to weigh him at home:rolleyes:

I'm hoping he doesn't reach the triple digits, but it's not looking good so far lol

One of the things I love most about him, besides his rich sable and lovey-dovey-ness, is his monstrous bark that more than matches his size. It's soul-rattling deep:D

@ Shade: Gracias! Glad you enjoyed them

#14 ·
Bit of a comparison, here's Apsel just around 8 weeks old...

He loved to try to climb my legs back then, looked just like a fuzzy black bear when he did, hence my forum name(Although Bear is also my nickname from my parents)

#18 ·
Thanks
8 months in these pics, I haven't had him weighed lately, he's large, I'm guessing close to 75-80. I think he'll pass 100 once he's full grown like his sire.
I'll try to measure height this evening.

#25 ·
Thanks!
We just got back from a week long vacation and I was surprised to see his coat had changed colors again. When we left he was in a pretty dark phase, and he transitioned into a drastically lighter phase over the week. The photos here don't really do it justice, but you can kind of see the lightness in the last attached photo.

#26 ·
Apsel will be 1 full year old tomorrow evening, and I figured it would be nice to add a couple photos from the past few days. He's still a big baby in a bunch of ways, but he's growing up fast.

His nose still consistently has a dirt ring...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.