All my wonderful foster dogs - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default All my wonderful foster dogs

All my wonderful foster dogs-534122_455257944549302_1560829018_n.jpg

All my wonderful foster dogs-524604_451523401589423_1836539476_n.jpg

All my wonderful foster dogs-994769_485030961572000_1724329238_n.jpg

All my wonderful foster dogs-998745_10151851100575934_29932861_n.jpg

All my wonderful foster dogs-1238209_10151987707500934_1504057283_n.jpg

All my wonderful foster dogs-10154116_10152488810530934_6350301072209116003_n.jpg

Roxy my very first foster dog, she was awesome and now that i understand working dogs a little more and different drives i think she would have been outstanding as a sport dog, no nervousness and she would do anything for a ball or stick lol even climb a ladder to the roof as we discovered when i accidently roofed her fave ball, she went to a farm! and spends her days rolling in mud and hanging out with horses. She would also snuggle up beside me and sleep for a solid 8 hours drooling on my pillow.

The one getting a special kiss on the head from his foster daddy was my second, Rocky. He was pretty sickly when we got him and spent a few sleepless nights in emergency with him, He went to a single mom, she is a wonderful friend and a wonderful paramedic rocks lives the life mostly asleep on the sofa lol

The third is my very very special guy Robin aka bobbins, it still breaks my heart to think about him i had such a special bond with him, when we got him he had atrophy in his legs from living in a crate and i would spend 1 hour a night in the basement massaging his back legs because he loved it and it helped him after his runs. He is in a great home with wonderful people, the pic of me holding him was the night before he went to his forever family, i cried the whole way there and the whole way home and as crazy as it sounds i still burst into tears thinking about my little dude, such a silly good hearted boy.

The last pic is of my foster fail Tyson supermanning himself over the fence to geta far better stick then what we had to offer. I cant explain why i failed with him, i had my heart broken by robin leaving and when i got him i just could not bare the thought of saying goodbye to another one. Plus, it didnt hurt that he was so handsome and smart and it was love at fist sight.

Oh and offcourse the other 2 my adopted shiggs and the original first dog sexy dexy the border collie
misslesleedavis1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

well that last picture just cracks me up!!!!! Kinda like poetry in motion, he didn't even lose his stride. I enjoyed all of your pictures and the stories about your fosters, takes a special person to do that. thanks for giving them a chance to find a permanent loving home, it really makes a difference
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Thank you for fostering!
glowingtoadfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Are you still fostering? We tried and failed we did three dogs. I became attached to a Header dog!!! (That is a big deal for me...not a fan!) It's hard to give them up!

You spend a lot of time and effort working with them you become attached and then they leave. /

We almost passed Rocky along I wrote a letter to pass along with him...the deal fell through, that was it for us! He's staying here.

It takes a special person to be able to pass along dogs that you have grown attached to! So if your still doing this "Thank You!'

Oh and technically it was four dogs but one was just a continuing runaway a Golden, we held him for a day to keep him safe. Dog was an A hole glade to see him gone!
Chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

No, well not like official fostering....i used to love belonging to the rescue group but i dont buy into some of the beliefs, i like the fact that responsible breeders exist and i dont think everyone who gives up their dogs is a raging A hole monster. I also will go to bat for owner surrendered dogs, my sudbury post was a owner surrender i located a willing rescue and they helped but i was chewed out by many rescues before i found them. I have had many trials and tribulations with dogs, tyson did the harlem shake with my border collie a while back but we worked hard and now i have a happy 3some of dogs that get along. I will always help out were i can i will open my home to a dog that is in need but no, i dont belong to a rescue anymore.
misslesleedavis1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.