German Shepherds Forum banner

True Love /Not True Love

826 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kahrg4 
#1 · (Edited)
True Love:

Not True Love lol:

My Boxer mix and my English Mastiff merely tolerate Alvin , because I am there. Can't leave the 3 of them for unsupervised play. Hope as Alvin gets older and plays nicer they will accept him more :/ I do not blame them for being annoyed with him now , he is still a puppy jerk at 12 months old!

See less See more
#3 ·
The way it goes down is as follows....Alvin , 12 months old wants to play rough with the 6 year old Boxer mix.The Boxer mix is super docile and does not know how to cue the puppy that he is being super annoying and too in your face. The 10 year old mastiff has ZERO problem letting the pup know he is aggravating..so the GSD pup does not mess with her at all. She will intervene if I do not call the GSD off the Boxer mix.

Alvin the GSD is pushy and obnoxious and Bo the Boxer is not the type to correct him..the Mastiff would like to shred him. As a result I rarely get pictures of them together because I need to pay close attention and be the referee and boss. I don't let Alvin bully the Boxer mix , and I keep the Mastiff from being disciplinarian as she sees fit.

In the house they are neutral and they know nobody is allowed to play in the house anyway.

I am noticing that most dogs do not like my GSD lol I guess it is a obnoxious 12 month old thing? We do not do dog parks..we do walks with other dogs and everyone keeps to themselves.

#4 ·
LOL that definitely made my day! Love the comparison. Other dogs are very put off by my dog's "play" style, too. He's very pushy, very snarky, and is a major fun police. The only dogs that put up with him are my neighbor's GSD and a few Pit Bulls/bully mixes we know :)

#5 ·
I think my dog would be the equivalent to the loud , up close eye contact , personal space invading, hand talking , mouth breathing , cousin we all have lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.