German Shepherds Forum banner

GSDx3, a Kelpie, and a Corgi

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  FG167 
#1 ·
Decided to try for group photos today, was fairly successful!

I wish I had moved everyone over to in front of the post, instead of in front of this window...bummer. Also, Kastle please relax your face.

Ok, every other dog, look to your RIGHT. You other two, look to your LEFT.

I REALLY wanted to have them all lined up between each others' ears...but I could not get it. The GSDs have some weird compulsion to vulture hulk and lean to the right... *sigh*

Sometimes, Limit has a pit bull smile. And I love it. Also, the wind was blowing Eden's ear up higher than normal, and making me laugh.

Bones and Ickky. Ickky is so sweet and patient. I hope to bring them back to this bench and shoot another pic when Bones is all grown up.

A group shot with my kids. I look like crap. I'm sick and we just got done training all three phases of IPO, two of them in the rain.

My group shot before that was wayyyyyy back when Limit was a baby puppy (ew, and I'm 20 lbs heavier)

My darlings lol

See less See more
#2 ·
These are some GREAT shots! I love the one with Bones and Ickky. Ickky is like, seriously? Stop licking me!

I'm impressed that you can get them all to stay and pose. I only have two and getting a picture of them together looking nice and happy is about as easy as finding a unicorn and dragon and then mating them...

#22 ·
What is your Kelpie like?
He's not like any dog I've ever owned/trained. I was told "Border Collie on crack", but it turns out I'm not a good fit with Border Collies and boy do I love this dog. He's very smart, biddable, handler sensitive, spazzy, nervy, hilarious, fast, drivey, and super fun.

Also, what kind of magic did you use for this?
Blind luck ;) Seriously.

I love Eden, she makes me want a Corgi! :wub:
Eden makes everyone want a Corgi, she's a special little girl :)

think I want a corgi
They are super fun little dogs!

Yeah, you beat my group pics by a long shot.
haha, nah! You have a PUPPY to pose! And she does wonderful!

These are awesome photos!
Would it be OK if I forwarded these to my daughter? She's been told her dog is half Kelpie, I want her to see yours. Are Kelpies super smart dogs that can open doors and draws?
Sure! Actually, if she wants to see from puppyhood to adult, these are all of the photos I've ever taken of Limit HERE.

Kelpies are super smart. Very comparable to a Border Collie. Big problem solvers, very intelligent, can also be very independent about doing things they think are right. They're not terribly common in the US, unless your daughter lives near some cattle farms?

#7 ·
These are seriously awesome!! What a cool way to set up the group shots, and by the way, you look wonderful :) I love Limit's "pittie smile" and that devilish happy face, and Ickky seems like such a nice dog.

Also, what kind of magic did you use for this?

Ok, every other dog, look to your RIGHT. You other two, look to your LEFT.
because holy crap, this is cool!

#9 ·
Fantastic shots!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.