German Shepherds Forum banner

Is he full blooded?

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  LeCielEstRouge 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
he could just be missing a mask or reverse mask. Try googling it, he looks like some of those dogs. Either way hes very handsome and from what Ive read a smart boy. :D

#9 ·
When you dont breed toward a goal or the standard, this is what you can get. Unknowns! Could be purebred, just very poor quality. Could of had something else mixed in the third generation so some dilution of the pureness. Put definatly should not be used in breeding.

#14 ·
you laughed because you thought your friend was a fool , or fooled?

she wanted to know , or you wanted to know , if it was safe to say the father was a purebred so that the pups might/could be sold for more $$'s .

honestly I hope all the pups get the homes they deserve and are well cared for .

#25 ·
Personally If you are looking to get a purebred dog. look somewhere else. Not saying he isn't pure.. but if you have to ask.. wouldn't that be a red flag?

No. I laughed because she thought it was my dog. I wanted to know if it was full blooded because I was going to get one. I'm in no way even involved in her selling her puppies. I want another dog for my dog. Don't just assume things.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#18 ·
In most states their are laws that your dog must be neutered or spayed at a young age. Therefore preventing breeding. If they are not following those laws why would they follow any other mutt laws??

#19 ·
My suggestion would be if you want a German shepherd go to a responsible breeder. That way you don't have to worry about whether it's purebred or not. You'll know because it's on the pedigree.

The problem with people like your friend, is they'll breed the dog and claim it's a purebred german shepherd. Then people will buy one of those puppies assuming it is purebred, breed it with another "purebred" shepherd and call those puppies purebred. When in fact they are just a bunch of mutts.

#23 ·
The picture looks like a German Shepherd mix, certainly GSD there but I don't think purebred personally.

That being said, this is obvious although not your original question.....

My suggestion would be if you want a German shepherd go to a responsible breeder. That way you don't have to worry about whether it's purebred or not. You'll know because it's on the pedigree.

#26 ·
I'm not an expert, but his muzzle looks too short to be a purebred. Regardless, a good dog is a good dog. BUT, if your friend isn't sure, it means he's not registered. Therefore you have no idea where that dog came from and if he's even sound enough to responsibly breed. If you do get a pup, make sure you get it fixed since its only for companion purposes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.