German Shepherds Forum banner

Is my pup full breed??

9K views 103 replies 26 participants last post by  selzer 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Considering that you dont know who the father is, its hard to tell. . He doesnt look like a usual german shepherd in the coloring and if his father was white and he got his fathers genetics he should have the gene that makes him white not tan. The mother looks german shepherd though. Hes a cute guy, either way and may develop more german shepherd coloring as he gets older.

#10 ·
I even got the police involved he swore up and down like he did to me with them the officer said, this man is convinced, supposedly the male my pups father the white shepherd is his good friends dog, but him and his friend had a dispute about money and the arrangement for pups so they no longer talk.... I pulled up some pups who look really similar to major Dog Mammal Vertebrate German shepherd dog Canidae
Dog breed Canidae Animal shelter Dog Photo caption
Mammal Dog Vertebrate German shepherd dog Canidae
this last one is what I imagined hed look like when I got him

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#14 ·
this is what happens when one of the parents is WHITE .

your dog probably will end up like what you imagined him to be .

Since you know each of the parents or can get contact with the male , buy your self a DNA kit from DDC Veterinary - ask for the paternity kit , which will have swabs , like big Q tips . You need to be careful how you handle them so that you don't contaminate them.
Then you take a cheek swab of your pup. Next a cheek swab of the mother , although this is not that important - the old saying mother , baby, father? maybe . One cheek swab for the sire which your "breeder" will lead you to.

that will be the test which will tell you if the dog who is said to be the sire is indeed the sire.

It is not expensive at all.

#16 ·
nothing .
thought you said it was the smartest dog that you have ever had.

enjoy your dog .

when you buy a dog from a back yard breeder / hobby breeder this is what you get . Risk all around . That includes hips and elbows . No "breeder" support . You pays your money and you take your chances.
Looks like the police have told you to cool your jets --- don't contact the breeder person. I would take the advice. Don't get yourself into a big problem situation.

#27 ·
Not always. I got my boys from a hobby breeder. Health and temperament tested and breeder support for the last 12 years (yes 12 years later and we are still in touch)

I do not know why some people insist on lumping hobby breeders in with byb there is a huge difference in many cases.

#20 ·
I say yes --- I have seen it . Done on purpose , strong working dogs that were in French Ring , done by a NARA trainer -- whose concern was strong competent working dogs . One of the parents happened to be a white GSD , registered . There was a plan in place though and both sire and dam were trialing and working dogs and had x rays , health and temperament tests .
I saw the progeny of that breeding come out to training . The litter was split , some were black and tan , others looked like yours , another could have passed for a sable .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.