German Shepherds Forum banner

New Puppy Name Debate. Please Help!

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  middleofnowhere 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I are having a debate over this little guy's new name. Is he a "Morpheus" or a "Nero"?

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Comment the name you think better suites this dog

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#5 ·
Neo was the main character in the matrix, not Nero.

David Winners

#8 ·
I'll stand alone and admit I actually like Morpheus better. But I agree that it is a little clunky. Which does he respond to? Would you use a diminutive?

Or you could compromise and go with Neo (new) or Nemo (no one).

Now that I think about it, he looks like a Bacchus to me... :p

Whatever you decide, he's gorgeous!

#10 ·
Guarantee morpheus turns into a shorter pet name bc you wont say the whole thing every time. Granted i end up doing that crap anyway or calling them by a play off the name even with a one syllable name. Zebu becomes zebu zee or debu or fito becomes eeto or eeto deeto or some crap like that.

#11 ·
LOL I agree.

Our old shih tzus name is Squeezette,(daughter named her when she was 6, shes 20 now) we call her Stinky, because when she was a puppy she ate her poop and the name just stuck. People always ask if her name is really Stinky
Fluffy our maltioo, is nicknamed loverboy
Dexter our GSD, is called Dex or Momma's big boy

I like the name Morpheus, but if you dont like the nickname he may have for short,Nero might be better..lol. good luck.

no matter what you choose you have a cutie pie there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.