German Shepherds Forum banner

Chief 9 weeks old and getting healthy!

724 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GSKnight 
#1 ·
On Wednesday my baby boy turned 9 weeks old. I took him to the vet for his 2nd shot and to get a fecal exam to make sure he is all cleared of his nasty hookworms and other parasites and he IS! I am so happy that I was able to save this baby's life! Also.. he gained 4 lbs in 1 week! I am tracking records of his weight now...
6 weeks - 4 lbs 2 oz
8 weeks - 6 lbs 8 oz lbs
9 weeks - 10 lbs 2 oz

Can't wait to see how much he gains when we go back for his third shot at 12 weeks!

See less See more
#3 ·
He's very cute! Just remember that a slow, steady growth is best (they will have growth spurts however). Pups normally gain 1-2 lbs a week, so be sure you keep him lean for his growing joints.

I love that first picture of him .... so sweet!

#6 ·
Good going. I'm sure he'll give back in full measure in the future!

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! And Gal - I def agree. The vet said he probably gained the weight so quickly in the 1 week because of how badly infected he was and he wasn't really eating and now he has an appetite of a horse. I still feed him 1- 1.5 cups a day distributed into 3 different times. He usually doesn't even eat 1 cup. He is sure feisty though. Love this sweet baby to death.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.