German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/)
-   -   Fun at the pond :) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/399153-fun-pond.html)

wyoung2153 01-20-2014 07:05 PM

Fun at the pond :)
 
5 Attachment(s)
Titan's first time at the pond near our house.. wanted to play with the Ducks so bad! But settle for fetch with the stick lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Gretchen 01-20-2014 07:19 PM

Looks like a fun day! I wish my dog would swim like yours.

GsdLoverr729 01-20-2014 07:23 PM

Looks like a blast! Titan is very handsome (:

Nigel 01-20-2014 07:32 PM

Do you have to be concerned about alligators?

wyoung2153 01-20-2014 08:08 PM

Thank you! Titan has always swam like a fish.. surprises me how graceful he can be lol.

And yes in some locations we have to worry.. This particular one is connected to the harbor and is rather small and shallow.. and it would be too cold for them right now. But yes I do worry on most occasions lol.. After some stories you might say I'm even a little paranoid. Ha!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sp00ks 01-20-2014 08:34 PM

If the ducks and geese are there, it's probably safe. Handsome young man.

Kaimeju 01-20-2014 09:44 PM

Awesome! Looks like a blast. I'm so jealous it's warm enough for you to take your dogs swimming!

doggiedad 01-20-2014 09:50 PM

don't let your dog play with the ducks or geese in the water.
they'll drown him with no problem. your dog swims out to the ducks
or geese. they fly above him. then several of them or lots of them
land on his head or back and hold him under.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoung2153 (Post 4871217)
Titan's first time at the pond near our house.. wanted to play with the Ducks so bad! But settle for fetch with the stick lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App


wyoung2153 01-20-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp00ks (Post 4871865)
If the ducks and geese are there, it's probably safe. Handsome young man.


that's what we assumed too lol.




Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaimeju (Post 4872137)
Awesome! Looks like a blast. I'm so jealous it's warm enough for you to take your dogs swimming!

Warmish enough.. lol for him.. he got blowdried when we got home.


Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiedad (Post 4872177)
don't let your dog play with the ducks or geese in the water.
they'll drown him with no problem. your dog swims out to the ducks
or geese. they fly above him. then several of them or lots of them
land on his head or back and hold him under.

Did not know that.. good to know.. Thank you. I waited until they had gone far enough away that I knew he wouldn't swim after them and jusssst in case he attempted I had.. A stick. Haha.. full proof plan as when I have a stick nothing else exists but me. But my reasoning was more that I didn't want him to hurt the ducks.. not the other way around. Interesting.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Kaimeju 01-20-2014 10:55 PM

Don't know about ducks but swans and geese are minions of the devil. Doggiedad has a good point. The summer camp I went to as a kid had a flock of Canada geese that would gang up and attack hikers. They have zero fear. O_o


Sent from Petguide.com Free App


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2