German Shepherds Forum banner

One year old dog likes hugs.

907 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  selzer 
#1 ·
One year old dog likes hugs:

See less See more
#4 ·
She does, yes, but only from me. My nieces only get to come over occasionally. But she loves the girls, and they love her.

This is one of an eight year old girl and a seven year old girl:

#8 ·
I got to their dance class yesterday around noon. I brought Babs with me. When they saw I had the explorer, they about exploded with asking if I brought a dog with me.

I got them home and made them lunch. Then we started the work. They have religion and math tests on Tuesday, so we needed to do those units. Piano lessons. Analisa had an AR book that she had to read. She also had handwriting she had to finish. Their mother said that they needed to sweep the floors, clean the yuck off their riding boots, and fold their swimming laundry. She also wanted them to read a chapter of the social studies and science books. Talk about a holiday!

Well, we got started right away. Have to. They had a chiropractor appointment today, and my sister was planning on taking them to Tae Kwon Do -- not sure how you spell that, this evening. She wanted everything done by 4.

It's a lot of work. They also helped me unload the dishwasher and make dinner. After dinner, we brought Babs and her crate in. By 9PM, the Math was done, the piano lessons, the religion and the handwriting was done. We sat on Chairs outside Babs' crate under the ping-pong table and read several chapters of The Long Winter. Then Elena asked if she could read to us her book. And she read several chapters of it. She's the one that just turned seven a week ago. I am very impressed at her skill in reading aloud.

Anyway, today, I got up early and took Babs for a quick walk before the girls got up. And then had Analisa read her book next to her while I got breakfast for them. After breakfast, Analisa continued to read next to Babs, while Elena and I played a game of scrabble. Then I had them get dressed, while I put together some PB&J, and pack it into a back pack and we all went to the park with Babs.

The girls had a great time sliding down the sliding boards that were covered with ice and snow, and letting their boots fall off. Babs was loose and she followed me to the top of the climbing thing. A car came down the black top, so I grabbed Babs' collar and said, THIS ISN'T A DRIVEWAY! to the car. Their were two guys in the vehicle. The driver rolled down his window and said it was official business. Then told me to have a nice day, LOL. As he drove away, I could see his license plate was a government vehicle, probably cops.

Anyway, no one was in the park, so I was leaving Babs, free. If anyone arrived, I had a leash for her in my pocket. The girls were laying on top of each other going down the high slide, and laughing their heads off and screaming.

We ate the sandwiches and apples in the car and Babs got the left overs. Then we went back home to do the math test and piano lessons, and make dinner and finish the book, clean the boots, and sweep the floors all before the chiro- visit.

I can't believe we actually got everything done. Analisa cleaned both sets of boots, Elena swept all the floors. We read the first lesson of unit three of the Social Studies. And then after the chiropractor visit, I started Oliver which they got for Christmas, but haven't had time to watch yet. Analisa loved it, and watched it. Elena had already read a condensed version of the book, but she was ok with the musical.

Their mom wasn't up to the karate-stuff so she postponed that until later in the week, but these kids are busy. The got a microscope from my little sister for Christmas and they are having fun with that. Elena is going through some 3rd grade beast-math books while Analisa works on the current stuff. They got a bow from my parents for Christmas -- my sister was on board with that, as one of the girls asked to learn archery. It's a great little 15 pound pull recurve that my dad found. Anyway, their riding instructor also teaches archery, and she's going to teach them to shoot from horseback -- that's nuts.

They do a lot, but all of it is good stuff. The gymnastics plays into the dance and the karate stuff. The swimming and horseback riding are all good physical activities, and the riding is particularly good for Analisa. They both have a soft-spot for animals, but Analisa is particularly tuned to them. She is learning English riding, so posting and all that, and she has excellent rhythm, for riding, piano, dance.

And that was Babs' and my Sunday/Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.