German Shepherds Forum banner

Been awhile, new Ollie pictures!(lots of photos!)

2K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  megansha 
#1 ·
Ollie is 16 months old now and 65 lbs of pure fluff! He's still a super busy pup, we were training in agility and herding on the same day every week(though we're on a bit of a break right now because I have a very sick cat with very high vet bills) but he loved it and was ready to go for each training session. Now that he's older we've also increased our hiking distance and going 10+ miles.. he is the best hiking buddy! Neither of us can wait for March when our lure coursing club events start up again! Last year we took him camping at the Grand Canyon and this year we're hoping to go camping again but up in Northern California, I just love how up for anything he is... He has been a phenomenal first GSD! He also met my mom for the first time(she flew out from Michigan for Xmas) and was instantly in love with her

Some video, the first of some herding(though not actual training just at an event) and the second of he and my husbands dog having fun during one of our hikes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY0nX0ZH-rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A14yngZD4z4

Ollie by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Hating Christmas Ollie by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Some photos with my mom - for size comparison she is 5' :)

Ollie and my mom by Carriesue82, on Flickr

From our trip to Seaport village, this was taken in front of the USS Midway

See less See more
#2 ·
Yup still more... I take A LOT of pictures, couldn't help it I got a few new lenses! :eek:

SoCal puppy

Cardiff by the sea, California by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Cardiff by the sea, California by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Too cool for school by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Mr. Ollie - 85mm by Carriesue82, on Flickr

You look so regal... by Carriesue82, on Flickr

85mm lens fun by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!!

#4 ·
She calls him her 'Grand-dog', lol(my husband and I don't want kids)... I was initially worried he'd be totally aloof to her and maybe bark at her when she came in the house but he just immediately took to her, unusual for him. :) He might also be getting a sable or bi-color little sister next year. ;)

#5 ·
gorgeous ! I do the same thing when I get new lenses lol Though we are quite done with lenses around here :eek:

I love his deep coloring and build .

#8 ·
So jealous of your new lenses, really dying to get the 35mm. Really great shots, I also love the ones of Ollie and your mother! Ollie's a pretty small guy, if your mother is 5'!

#10 ·
Thanks! The 50mm seems to have better bokeh but the 35mm images are so much more crisp and clear, at least on my old camera. :) The 85mm beats them both but the focal length, oi vey!

And yeah Ollie's a light weight, actually at his last weigh in he was down to 64.5 and he's about 25 inches at the whither. Good agility size though. :)

#22 ·
Just a quick question about your beautiful baby....I notice the pics playing in the surf....when you visit the beach, does your furbaby get runny stools? In the Keys ours would have runny stool for 2-3 hours every day after playing in the water....we visit a beach here in South Carolina very couple of weeks....they get runny stool as well....just wandering if that is a problem with our pups or if others have that happen? My husband thinks we should not allow them in the water...they may not be able to handle it....he thinks because the lake does not upset their tummy we should stick to the lakes. I can't love without the beach....so I hope this is not just our pups and it is normal for dogs to have this reaction to salt water....:-/

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#20 ·
If you are shooting a 1.5 crop , you won't really see the difference between the 1.8 and 1.4 ( 50MM) . The 1.4 costs so much more because the good glass extends out to the corners , whereas the 1.8 has more of a sweet spot. You ONLY get the sweet spot when you are shooting with a crop sense..once you go full frame only then will you see a difference ..you'll get some corner softness on the 1.8 as compared to the 1.4 ( on full frame) . I shoot Nikon , and they have a really nice 65mm micro that doubles as a super nice and fast portrait lens on a crop sense. I'm sure Canon has the equivalent. It is a nice compromise between the 50 and 85.

Anyway , I can talk lenses all day lol

#31 ·
What a beautiful boy!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks guys! :)

He gets more handsome every time I see him. I like that he is staying so dark, he still looks a lot like January. Seems like he has the same endless drive too. Great pics.
Thanks! He's actually lost quite a bit of black on his legs and most dramatically on his chest, I didn't even notice until I was looking through some old photos, I'll have to see if I can find a good one to show. :) I'm curious to see how he'll look around 2-3 years old.

#34 ·
I love Ollie photos :D The sunglasses one was my favourite but the Christmas one was a close second :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.