German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/)
-   -   Please Critique My GSD :) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/389850-please-critique-my-gsd.html)

SilverEinz 01-02-2014 04:26 AM

Please Critique My GSD :)

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 157378

Hunter is a 3 month old GSD. People keep telling me he's going to be a beast of a dog just by looking at his paws.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

robeangyalchen 01-02-2014 04:34 AM

Can`t critique much but i think he is gonna be a big boy. :):):)

MaggieRoseLee 01-02-2014 12:16 PM

Best way to know how they will grow is by seeing the parent dogs and talking to the breeder who should know from past litters.

Nice looking dog though!

xtramile 01-02-2014 12:38 PM

He has the goofy tipi ear phase going on :laugh: as far as future size I cant say from pictures or paw size. We have been told every end of the spectrum from, "Oh look at those paws he is going to be a horse" to, "That is a really small shepherd, are you feeding him enough?".

havery 01-02-2014 01:17 PM

The awkward puppy in my avatar is three months old, she's now 16 months and tall and lanky, she was always all leg and feet though. She's finally starting to fill out, so she'll probably gain more, but she's 67 lbs right now.

David Taggart 01-02-2014 01:45 PM

Seems, he is of Eastern line like my dog, they are larger in size, straighter back legs, they are bulky, with prominent muscles and have massive paws. Was it a Czech breeder? Or DDR? If that is so - you wouldn't have any problems in training him whatsoever, he would never run away from you for any reason on earth, these dogs are silent dogs and it should be easy to socialize him. Your problem is exercising him, they are purely working dogs and without a daily intellectual and physical heavy load he might fall into depression or become agressive. A very beautiful boy, and his facial mask is impressive! But, it is difficult to judge him before he's 1 year old.

SilverEinz 01-02-2014 05:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you to everyone for their input.
This is my first full blooded german shepherd that I've owned myself, so I want to do everything possible for him.

He is a little on the skinny side. The breeder wasn't feeding all his dogs properly from what I saw. Hunter's dad is a short haired and his mom is a long haired GSD. I'm not really big on what kind of line he is, so I'll attach more pictures hopefully that help someone identify him a little more.

I've had him since December 9th, and I've managed to bulk him up a bit but it's still a work in progress. What I am doing to help him bulk up and release some energy is that I take him for walks during the week, and take him on hikes on the weekend.Attachment 157794Attachment 157802

SilverEinz 01-02-2014 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 157826
He weighs 26lbs right now