German Shepherds Forum banner

5 month old pup

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  carmspack 
#1 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Oh my gosh! Those are just terrible.

Your puppy needs canned milk and needs to walk on rocks! When they are forced to use their toes, they get tight balled, perfect feet and the pasterns will get much stronger. The milk will help the bones.

I can't believe the breeder would have just sold you a puppy with feet like that! If we EVER have puppies with bad pasterns they stay until the feet are fixed! One of the worst things you can do is put them on a blanket or towel that will slip - our puppies are kept on rugs so their feet stay strong and they don't slip all over the place, ruining their bone structure and their feet!

#10 ·
If dogs are producing terrible pasterns, their bone structures could be compromised. A good breeder would never breed that again on purpose. Unfortunately, most people don't believe that bone health is very VERY hereditary. I cringed when I saw that little black pup's paws. I imagine the leg bones that are hitting the ground with no protection are in a lot of pain every day!

#12 ·
I'm not a breeder or the breeder, vets said they didn't even think surgery would even fix it. That's a replacement dog I got for a dog that was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia by ofa at 13 months. Both dogs have same mom and the breeder is still breeding her knowing this and I gave him all the vet records for both dogs.

#14 ·
Poor puppy:( I will ask tho, why would you take a replacement puppy from the same 'mother' ?

#18 ·
most breeders who will give you a replacement pup give you one at their discretion and from what litter they wish.....I know of 3 pups sent from Europe as replacements and none of hte 3 were suitable for anything! One had the weakest nerves I have seen in a long time, another had terrible hips and the third had even worse nerves...all from very very big name kennels...

JB - that pup looks like he might have been a coatie too....

Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.