German Shepherds Forum banner

Baxter and his Expressive Face!

2K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  evybear15 
#1 ·
One of the main things I hear about Baxter is that he is so expressive, and has so much character. And it's true. He has the silliest expressions, and makes me laugh each and every single day. He's a clown! I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you all. :)

His "Oh my goodness, we're going somewhere?! OH BOY!!!" face. This is usually followed by excited spinning, and showing us repeatedly where his leash is, where our shoes are, and so on.

Then there's his, "You told me no. I'm going to sulk on my bed, and look sad." This particular expression is followed by several heavy sights with pointed stares. If you make him feel bad, he believes that you should feel like a terrible person. ;)

"Mom, if you aren't going to share...I'm going to look at you condescendingly until you're done."

"Get off of the bed? But...It's so comfortable up here. Here. Let me give you this sad, adorable expression. Maybe you'll change your mind."

Talking us into tug-time:

Tug-time face:

The irresistible, charming smile:

And one of my all-time favorites....the exasperated face:

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, everyone! Maybe next I'll compile the various pictures of his "cushion smooshing"... Because, you know, it's best to pile all couch cushions together before sitting on the couch. It isn't comfortable enough the way it's supposed to be. Clearly, they got it wrong when they made it. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Evan, those are awesome pix! Love the expressions.

Please tell me what camera you used! I am looking for a new camera and tired of them always giving me that huge nose/fish eye look on closeups. Your closeups are great. Thanks!

#10 ·
I have some more shots in "My, what a big nose!" that I posted yesterday. These are actually just taken with my iPhone 4. I have the Nikon D3100, but almost all of my pictures are taken with the iPhone because I always have it on hand. Sadly, Baxter doesn't understand the command, "Hey, can you do that face again?" ;)

#13 ·
Oops, I do have the 4s! My main photo editing apps are Snapseed and iPhoto. :)

And thank you! It was so nice to have a photographer who was so eager to include Baxter in some of the photos since we didn't want to put him through the stress of being at the actual wedding.
Great pictures! Baxter is definitely very expressive. You could do a whole line of children books :)
I actually made a book of various pictures of him for my nieces. They're probably his biggest fans, haha. They've made my poor sister read it to them repeatedly!:D

#21 ·
please please do not take this the wrong way .

Have you had Baxter for a total health check . I would be worried about his protruding eyes , too bulgy , too much whites showing as if there were some pressure behind the eye. Of course it may be nothing and just "Baxter" and if that is the case then 'whew' , lucky .

#22 ·
Oh, not taken the wrong way at all! I'd prefer someone point out a potential health issue rather than keep quiet. :) I think a lot of that may be from the mid-expression shots, and the way that I have them edited. Here are some other pictures where he wasn't as mid-expression, or excited. He looks with his eyes a lot as opposed to moving his head.

If it still looks like there may be an issue with his eyes, I would absolutely talk to his vet about it. I want this boy to live a long and healthy life! :)

#23 ·
this is why I mentioned it ". I want this boy to live a long and healthy life! :)

Maybe I would ask the vet next time you visit . The eye still looks too pop-eye .

The first page of this thread with several pictures of your ham of dog ! leave me unsettled -- but I may be totally out to lunch -- Just that the eye seems to have a bit of a haze , the iris does not change with the flash - is always wide open and there looks to be a bit of gap between the eyeball and the lower eye lid area - tight skin .
As I said I might be 200% out to lunch -- but check it out -- there are conditions such as hypertension that dogs can have , thyroid , something something.

Good looking dog by the way . Looks like a real character .

#24 ·
He definitely is a character. :) I should bring him in for an overall checkup in the near future, so I'll be sure to talk to the vet about it then! I looked back at some older pictures and his eyes have always sort of been like that, so I suppose I just never thought anything of it. Could just be the way he is, but certainly can't hurt to ask about it next time he's at his favorite place, haha. He LOVES going to the vet! Probably because they spoil him rotten an have a soft spot for GSDs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.