My name is Anthony, and yes I have an addiction... - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Just north of south
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to zivagirl
What kind of camera are you using?
zivagirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivagirl View Post
What kind of camera are you using?
page 2 of this thread.
Anthony8858 is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Just north of south
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to zivagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
page 2 of this thread.
Thanks.
zivagirl is offline  
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Just north of south
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to zivagirl
Second picture actually makes my heart do floppy flops! It didn't take much for me to talk hubby into a GSD. I suspect, however, that he might not buy that a good camera is a pre-requisite to GSD ownership.

These are some seriously impressive pictures. Do you write? Pictures coupled with a few descriptive paragraphs about the picture itself, and/or anecdotes would make a great coffee table book for dog lovers.
zivagirl is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Crowned Member
 
holland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,484
Beautiful pics-enjoy your addiction-I am on a spending freeze too-so this allows me to live vicariously
holland is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivagirl View Post
Second picture actually makes my heart do floppy flops! It didn't take much for me to talk hubby into a GSD. I suspect, however, that he might not buy that a good camera is a pre-requisite to GSD ownership.

These are some seriously impressive pictures. Do you write? Pictures coupled with a few descriptive paragraphs about the picture itself, and/or anecdotes would make a great coffee table book for dog lovers.
Wow thank you. That's a very nice compliment.
I do not write.

I think we cold take all the pictures of all the members' dogs, and truly create a wonderful coffee table book indeed.
Anthony8858 is offline  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Master Member
 
Nickyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 874
Fantastic shots Anthony! Kira is a complete babe and she sure knows how to pose for the camera.

I'm going to forget I seen the printer and continue my quest for a Tokina or Simga wide lens. This really is an addictive hobby, I woke up first thing this morning, grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots of Zoey playing in the snow. My morning commute was horrible this morning with the snow we got, but I WISH i brought my camera since some of the normal back roads I take were abandoned, covered in snow and quite beautiful.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Zoey- Adopted Belgian Malinois on 4/29/12
Princess- WGSD 3/15/01-9/21/11 Forever would've been to short...
Nickyb is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Master Member
 
Nickyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
Wow thank you. That's a very nice compliment.
I do not write.

I think we cold take all the pictures of all the members' dogs, and truly create a wonderful coffee table book indeed.
I'd be a buyer!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Zoey- Adopted Belgian Malinois on 4/29/12
Princess- WGSD 3/15/01-9/21/11 Forever would've been to short...
Nickyb is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyb View Post
Fantastic shots Anthony! Kira is a complete babe and she sure knows how to pose for the camera.

I'm going to forget I seen the printer and continue my quest for a Tokina or Simga wide lens. This really is an addictive hobby, I woke up first thing this morning, grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots of Zoey playing in the snow. My morning commute was horrible this morning with the snow we got, but I WISH i brought my camera since some of the normal back roads I take were abandoned, covered in snow and quite beautiful.
Nick,

Grab your 55-200.
Put your camera in continuous focus mode
Put AF mode in 3D tracking
Use ISO 400 (even if sunny) If cloudy, put up to ISO 800)

Hold shutter while tracking your dog.
Your results will amaze you.

For some added fun.... include some training.
Put Zoey in a stay, and walk away. Call him, and as he's running towards you, fire away! LOL

Oh, and yes... the printer is part of the addiction.
Anthony8858 is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Knighted Member
 
TrickyShepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
LOL... I don't use that printer for anything other than large prints. If I need 4x6 prints, I'll upload to my local Walgreens.

The printer itself sells for under 200.00. It comes with its 8 color carts, and it does a spectacular job. Great therapy for me and I like the instant feedback.
Of course you can always just use an online service for a few dollars per print, or even Costco, BJ's, etc do a terrific job.

OH, I didn't mention the 24x36 inch movie style posters... I'll spare you the agony.
Now that's just mean! lol More ways for me to spend money I shouldn't..... I thought they stopped those services....

That would be fun to explain to the SO... as he comes home to a stack of like 400 pictures.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome