For those animal lovers.. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default For those animal lovers..

Last year i went on a dream holiday to south africa. Me and my brother are crazy about wildlife but dont like zoos because of the concept.

We spent 2 weeks in S.A with 3 days in the kruger park.

It was amazing. i thought i would share some pictures i currently have on my laptop.

Picture info

2 giraffes - We saw at least 20-30 giraffes while we were there. These two were among a group of about 5-6

leopard - this was the only big cat we saw at our time in the national park. Story goes like this. our guide was driving down a main road. It was hot so our windows were down. we hadnt seen anythin for hours (apart from impala which are none as the mcdonadls of the wild). I had my legs stickin out the window getting comfy when i spot something in the corner of my eye. I tell the guide i think i saw a lepord...she goes no way your lying (they are really rare to find) we reverse and there it was sittin on a rock. Spent about 20 mins taking photos before it walked off i felt like a proper boss haha

Pictures of the little lion cub - Her name was tula. Her mum was killed and the cubs found by a local reserve called the cheetah reserve. (known because they have 3 cheetah that just walk around and are totally human friendly, we had breakfast with cheetah sitting at our feet..amazing). We went on a walk with her through the reserve. it was amazing. The picture of her biting the boars bum goes like this, the boar was alive and actually followed us on the walk. He does that allot and the rangers have named him alfie.

baby cheetah cubs - these were found with no mum. they set up projects to get them back in the wild with their mum. it didnt work. They are in captivity until they grow up and can be released. They were cuteeeee

Me with white lion cubs - mind me, i was a little chubby back then. We paid to have a 'meet and greet'. It was amazing as they are so rare.

White lion and tiger - the tiger was taken from a personal zoo after it was bought on the black market.

If anyones interested i have plenty more
dylano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sounds like an amazing trip!
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

couldnt attatch pictures
Attached Thumbnails
For those animal lovers..-_sam0709.jpg   For those animal lovers..-_sam0600.jpg   For those animal lovers..-_sam1393.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

ah i give up pictures too bigg
Attached Thumbnails
For those animal lovers..-_sam1646_picnik.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
AJT

Nice! I did PR for game reserves and vineyards in South Africa, some of them in Kruger/Sabi Sands. Where did you end up staying for the three days? Lion Sands? Sabi Sabi? Ulusaba or Singita? I know there is a number of them in that area.

If you think S.A. is awesome, you should look into Namibia, Zambia, and Botswana!
AJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT View Post
Nice! I did PR for game reserves and vineyards in South Africa, some of them in Kruger/Sabi Sands. Where did you end up staying for the three days? Lion Sands? Sabi Sabi? Ulusaba or Singita? I know there is a number of them in that area.

If you think S.A. is awesome, you should look into Namibia, Zambia, and Botswana!
I cant remember what places we stayed in, i know one started with 'L' haha and i knowww me and my brother are asking mummy. We have family in botswana my brother knows every single park and names all the ones he wants to go to
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Flickr: DylanGSD's Photostream

picturs on there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.