Can anyone tell me... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

She is really pretty, that much is for certain.

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Kind of interesting. I agree with many here who've posted that she's very pretty and looks like she might be some sort of mix of German show/working lines.

But then to me, the sire and dam just look like pretty much your average American pet line dogs. Which I'll then wager a guess is what she is. My guess is luck of the draw just handed you a very striking girl from a pretty ordinary background.
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Member

Super gorgeous.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
just over 11 months old , pedigree unknown, pups that are 13 days old . How'd that happen?
Yes, please tell us. Why was this puppy allowed to be bred?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

I don't really see working lines in your girl tbh. I would also have a guess that she is from pet lines.

I am saddened to hear that she has already had a litter of pups when she is only a pup herself, and she is from, I am guessing, non health tested and non papered parents
Questforfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
just over 11 months old , pedigree unknown, pups that are 13 days old . How'd that happen?
[QUOTE=qbchottu;2663944]Very sad...puppy that shouldn't have puppies is having puppies... [/QUO

This isnt about her puppies. It's about what you think is her lines. Ive been in the veterinary field for years now. I got Piper at 12 weeks old..I wanted to breed Piper at 2 years old. Unfortunately she got caught early by Zeus my bfs pure gsd. My dad (who is a DVM and has had his own small animal clinic Kitchener, Ontario since 1979) said we could spay her and abort the pups but he said she would be fine with the size of her to deliver pups. My bfs dog is from one of his parents litter of gsd pups that they have been breeding for 25 yrs. So papered or non papered these pups are beautiful and will all be going to good homes. Vet checked dewormed everything you can except being paperd.
I agree with others that I think she is a German working/showline mix because we dont have dogs like her around where I am from. I appriciate the opinions but please dont think my situation is sad or I can't handle it. I think more showline though with the coat. Her dads coat was very thick and nice if he wasnt so dirty,

Piper and her puppies are doing just fine. She delivered all her 9 pups in 4 hours. Has been a great mom so far and its been a wonderful experiance to go through with her. I watched her through the whole litter and done everything right. Her pups are 16 days old now and healthy happy, chunky pups.

Thanks for all your compliments on her also...

Last edited by Piper'sgrl; 12-26-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Piper'sgrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with others that I think she is a German working/showline mix because we dont have dogs like her around where I am from.
Well, um...Why'd you ask opinions if you've made up your mind?

However, just offhand, I'd say since you've posted pictures of the sire and the dam, then that statement doesn't make just a whole lot of sense. Unless you think she was switched into their litter at birth, those two dogs are where she came from. And they both look pretty definitively like American pet line dogs to me.

There may be a German dog in one of their recent pasts to account for the red (if it didn't come from Photoshop) but a full on mix of German lines?

I just don't see it.

Last edited by Typhoon; 12-26-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
Well, um...Why'd you ask opinions if you've made up your mind?

However, just offhand, I'd say since you've posted pictures of the sire and the dam, then that statement doesn't make just a whole lot of sense. Unless you think she was switched into their litter at birth, those two dogs are where she came from. And they both look pretty definitively like American pet line dogs to me.

There may be a German dog in one of their recent pasts to account for the red (if it didn't come from Photoshop) but a full on mix of German lines?

I just don't see it.

well, umm..I didnt say I made up my mind, I said I agreed with the others. The guy told me his sister who originally owned Piper's dad came from Europe, weather thats true or not I don't know but I'll choose to go with him since I cant prove otherwise. Pipers mom i didnt think was anything special though I will admit. But I came on here because I know people would know more about that than me,
Old 12-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
The guy told me his sister who originally owned Piper's dad came from Europe, weather thats true or not I don't know but I'll choose to go with him since I cant prove otherwise.
Well, okay. But did he mean the sister, or the dog?

Because to me, the sire looks simply like a long coat black and tan. He definitely does not look like a sable to me. And that's not too typical of the working European working lines I'm accustomed to seeing. His build doesn't look much like a typical working line dog either.

I do know from taking pictures of Ranger (who is much redder in most light than he appears in any pictures I've posted of him here) that GSD red is hard to capture, and that your images look at least somewhat manipulated and the ones of the sire and dam don't...so maybe the sire is redder than he appears and is more or less the same color as her.

But even if so, he's not a sable, and since she is, I kind of doubt she got her coloring from him.

So my take is she's a very pretty dog, and almost all from pet line stock.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

she doesn't really have any lines so to say , because there wasn't really any intention in her breeding, no more than in the accidental breeding that took place .

"Ive been in the veterinary field for years now. I got Piper at 12 weeks old..I wanted to breed Piper at 2 years old" question is WHY when you knew nothing about the female that you have ??? No background history for health , hip and elbow production, longevity, siezures , DM , and on and on .
AND why buy a female with deliberate intentions to breed her two years down the line when you think her mother is nothing special "Pipers mom i didnt think was anything special though I will admit"

Your Dad approved ? -- " My dad (who is a DVM and has had his own small animal clinic Kitchener, Ontario " -- ??

"My bfs dog is from one of his parents litter of gsd pups that they have been breeding for 25 yrs" ---- and who knows how good they are - but they are purebred so that is $$$ value .

I don't agree that she is working / show line cross . She may not even be the progeny of the two dogs suspected - well okay , mother is known -- the old rhyme
Mother-Baby , Father?-Maybe! . I would have a DNA done .
I do agree "And they both look pretty definitively like American pet line dogs to me"

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.