My New Foster, and an Update on the Last - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Talking My New Foster, and an Update on the Last

I'll start off with an update on my last foster, Aspen. She is now 35 lbs, spayed, and highly social! She is working on obedience training on the hope of getting the CGC. And she has also been excelling at the obedience obstacles in her yard! She has come a long way out of her shell! I forgot my camera last time I visited, so I will try to get pics later lol.

Now for the new one. Matt was sooo pleased to return home to find me, Koda, Simi, annnd a little black puppy. I think he's a lab mix (most likely), and he has the big boxy mouth of a shar-pei. Not sure though since they aren't too common.
Anyway, a woman walked into the office today and literally THREW this puppy at my coworker. She then proceeded to tell us that if we didn't take him, he would be thrown out in the woods somewhere.
Old policy was to call the shelter, but my boss has been relieved to find all of us are willing to foster any drop-offs. This little guy's new name is Batman!
He was covered in pee and poop, so I bathed him. We then dewormed him because he has a huuuge tummy. He only weighs 4.8 lbs, and you can tell when you feel him that he hasn't eaten in a while. I fed him a small amount (trying not to overload his system) and gave him some water.
He has been doing very well, letting me know when he has to potty (he whines and sits by the door where he sees Koda go). Sooo here are a couple pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

He's cute.I almost didn't see him in the corner of your first pic!
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thank you!!! (: He is TINY! Koda's never looked so gigantic to me in her life!!!!
I'll try to get a better pic of his face so that we can all play "Guess the Breed!"
Old 12-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

To me he looks like a Lab/Great Dane or Lab/Boxer. I guess you'll be able to tell a little more as he grows though. Some of the tiniest puppies I've had like him have grown to be HUGE when they were adults. It would be interesting to see which way he goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsdLoverr729 View Post
I'll try to get a better pic of his face so that we can all play "Guess the Breed!"
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Who knows, he could be! Telling by his teeth and behavior, our best guess is he's 4-5 weeks. Bless his little heart.

Here's a few that show him better:

Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Congratulations on your new boy. Batman is very cute and Koda looks like she is a great big sis.Thanks for taking him.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thank you! He's only with us temporarily (or so goes the plan LOL), but she adores him already. He's been walking under her, trying to nurse from her, climbing on her... And all she does is give him kisses and tail wags! She has also been "playing" with him, which really involves nudging him lightly with her nose while he spazzes out.
She always amazes me with how much of a mama personality she has... But that's exactly why I was the one who took him home to foster (:
Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

What a cutie, and what a sad (re: evil woman), but nice story...I like feel good stories
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

He is cute for sure (: I'm just glad the woman broughthim to us instead of dumping him.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just an update for those interested-
Batman did really well last night. He slept from 10:30 until 11:46, when we went outside. He then slept until I woke him up at 12:46 and took him out (he was NOT happy about that). So I decided to just let him wake up on his own and take him out when he did. Long night staying up to watch him, but he did not get up again until 6:56 this morning. He went potty outside.
He then ate, went potty and played until noon, when he took a one hr nap before going potty again. He's been playing 2 hrs at a time and sleeping 1 hr or so for every 2 hrs of playtime (:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.