German Shepherds Forum banner

Fun on the trails. (lots of pics)

2K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Anthony8858 
#1 · (Edited)
Spent an afternoon with Kira on a local trail. It's the perfect spot to let her romp, without any distractions or interferences from off leash dogs :)
Words can't describe how happy she is, when she's romping in these trails.

The pictures may seem a bit "off"... I bought a lens as a yard sale today, for only 3.00. It's a 50 year old lens, and I managed to make it work on my camera :)

Enjoy.

See less See more
#7 ·
I love this spot for her. The state started to make a nature trail, and never completed or opened it. There's only two parking spaces, and I have yet to see anyone else there.
So glad I found it, and made a firm commitment to go there every day with her. No dogs, or people :) just us .

We spend an hour a day fetching, hiking, playing "find it", and anything that might build her confidence.

#8 ·
I have to find something like this for mine. She loves to run and hike, but its hard doing it with a long line...pulling her in if a person is approaching, etc. I don't pull her in because she will attack, mostly because I can see the look in the person's eyes...very unsure to pass:(

#12 ·
Stunning photography, $3 well spent!! I'd say those were a fantastic buy, but you also clearly know how to use them well!

#15 ·
Thank you.

fantastic pictures anthony!!!!!!!!! $3.00 for a lens, goes to show its the talent and not the high quality lens. gee some people spend thousands and cant get shots like that. bravo, bravo :)
Thank again :)

Beautiful dog and pictures! She looks so happy! I wish I had a place like this to go with mine. So peaceful looking!
We love it there.. As soon as we get out of the truck, I leash her to about 200 feet in. She knows exactly where I let her loose, and she automatically sits at her "marker". I unleash her, she grabs a stick, and just starts running everywhere .. LOL She does this "bucking bronco" when she's happy.
I like the fact that there are man made trails. We also walk along them, and she goes way ahead.. It gives me a chance to work her recall too.

Here's a video from here (during the summer). It'll give you a better idea about the location, and how we practice her recall.

#23 ·
Wow Anthony! You did some great work with that $3 lens! I love the darkness to this set, it just works for me I guess. Love them all but 1 & 2 are my favorite! 2 really show's her just having a blast!

Great work my friend!

#25 ·
Wow Anthony! You did some great work with that $3 lens! I love the darkness to this set, it just works for me I guess. Love them all but 1 & 2 are my favorite! 2 really show's her just having a blast!

Great work my friend!
Nick,
The lens wasn't really compatible with a newer digital camera, and as a result it has sort of a "tunnel vision" to it. In this case, it worked.

They remind me of "Instagram" if you use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.