Fun on the trails. (lots of pics) - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I have to find something like this for mine. She loves to run and hike, but its hard doing it with a long line...pulling her in if a person is approaching, etc. I don't pull her in because she will attack, mostly because I can see the look in the person's eyes...very unsure to pass
I understand. I would be concerned too.
I'm very fortunate to have found this for her. What's better, is that it's less than a mile away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
I would be scared to go there unarmed.

My wife and daughters have strict orders to avoid this place alone. I agree with you 100%.
As far as I'm concerned, 18 years of defense training should help me.

That being said, my fave was this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycakes View Post
Those are beautiful photos of your beautiful dog.

And your $3 lens looks like its working pretty darn good.
Didn't do too bad. The camera's light meter didn't work (lens is pre-light meter), so I had to manually guess exposure. Conditions were approaching dusk, so images have a little darkness to them.
Anthony8858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rei
Elite Member
 
Rei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 1,372
Default

Stunning photography, $3 well spent!! I'd say those were a fantastic buy, but you also clearly know how to use them well!
__________________
Trent - 2/20/09 German Shepherd Dog

Bree - 2/11/08 Tuxedo DLH Cat

Raina - 8/12/11 Black Smoke DLH Cat

Rei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
lorihd@comcast.net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: hillsborough nj
Posts: 3,701
Default

fantastic pictures anthony!!!!!!!!! $3.00 for a lens, goes to show its the talent and not the high quality lens. gee some people spend thousands and cant get shots like that. bravo, bravo
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
TrickyShepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,428
Default

Beautiful dog and pictures! She looks so happy! I wish I had a place like this to go with mine. So peaceful looking!
__________________
Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei View Post
Stunning photography, $3 well spent!! I'd say those were a fantastic buy, but you also clearly know how to use them well!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorihd@comcast.net View Post
fantastic pictures anthony!!!!!!!!! $3.00 for a lens, goes to show its the talent and not the high quality lens. gee some people spend thousands and cant get shots like that. bravo, bravo
Thank again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyShepherd View Post
Beautiful dog and pictures! She looks so happy! I wish I had a place like this to go with mine. So peaceful looking!
We love it there.. As soon as we get out of the truck, I leash her to about 200 feet in. She knows exactly where I let her loose, and she automatically sits at her "marker". I unleash her, she grabs a stick, and just starts running everywhere .. LOL She does this "bucking bronco" when she's happy.
I like the fact that there are man made trails. We also walk along them, and she goes way ahead.. It gives me a chance to work her recall too.

Here's a video from here (during the summer). It'll give you a better idea about the location, and how we practice her recall.

Anthony8858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
Gharrissc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,117
Default

Beautiful
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
TrickyShepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
We love it there.. As soon as we get out of the truck, I leash her to about 200 feet in. She knows exactly where I let her loose, and she automatically sits at her "marker". I unleash her, she grabs a stick, and just starts running everywhere .. LOL She does this "bucking bronco" when she's happy.
I like the fact that there are man made trails. We also walk along them, and she goes way ahead.. It gives me a chance to work her recall too.

Here's a video from here (during the summer). It'll give you a better idea about the location, and how we practice her recall.

Recall in the woods - YouTube
Wow, it's beautiful there! That's one thing I hate about here.. No where that we can do that. We have state parks but they are pretty active with horses, dogs, hikers, bicyclist, etc. Up in North FL, we use to have more places to go like this... but unfortunately I didn't have a dog to enjoy it with up there. She was left here in Central FL with family (I went there for college and lived in a dorm for years).

Glad you and Kira have somewhere to enjoy and get a good run in the woods. I'm sure she is in heaven there!
__________________
Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyShepherd View Post
Wow, it's beautiful there! That's one thing I hate about here.. No where that we can do that. We have state parks but they are pretty active with horses, dogs, hikers, bicyclist, etc. Up in North FL, we use to have more places to go like this... but unfortunately I didn't have a dog to enjoy it with up there. She was left here in Central FL with family (I went there for college and lived in a dorm for years).

Glad you and Kira have somewhere to enjoy and get a good run in the woods. I'm sure she is in heaven there!
Yeah, she's very happy. Especially knowing her past experiences around dogs ( not pleasant, to say the least)




Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Anthony8858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
RocketDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,725
Default

Awesome awesome awesome.

Glad you have a little slice of heaven.
__________________
~Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell, aka The RocketDog
06/15/11
hiker and runner extraordinaire






http://redheadsrocketsandramblings.blogspot.com/
RocketDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
Anthony8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
Awesome awesome awesome.

Glad you have a little slice of heaven.
Haha... You know how badly I want your neck of the woods .


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Anthony8858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com