German Shepherds Forum banner

Zefra's first time on the wall/steep A-frame.

627 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  elisabeth_00117 
#1 ·
Stark had been doing some training with me tonight and Zefra was showing interest while playing ball with my sister, so I decided to try and see if she would do the wall (A-frame that is SUPER steep!).

This is her first introduction to this - she has done some low agility A-frames before, but nothing like this.

Do you think she had an issue?

Don't mind the heeling and sitting - she wasn't "in fuss" - just offering the behaviour because I had her reward ball.

Zefra is 19 months old.

#2 ·
I think it is way scarier for us when they do the big A frame for the first time lol. I was so freaked out about Odin doing the steep schutzhund A frame and he was like "what's the big deal!?? This is fun." Your lucky you have that landing for when they are learning.

She looked like she was enjoying herself:)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#3 ·
Yes, it's a great "buffer" for us humans knowing that the landing is there in the beginning.

As they learn that is pulled from the landing and positioned by itself. I was there by myself tonight and didn't have the strength needed to pull it apart.. lol.

#5 ·
Haha... I agree!

We are super lucky - we have permission to use the local K9 training facility, so tend to go there and train a lot. I like it because all of the equipment is set up and there is even more stuff to work on (metal tunnels, different types of jumps, the a-frame, a wall, a ladder, board walk, etc.. tones of stuff to do besides just the jump and a-frame. Great place to work with young dogs. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.