German Shepherds Forum banner

Showing off some Tricks

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  KristiM 
#1 ·
Odin showing off a few tricks. The bang trick is his newest (and favorite, getting cookies for laying still?!) I think next I am going to teach him to crawl, any other trick ideas?

Odin's Tricks Nov 18/12 - YouTube

(sorry for the crappy iphone video)

#9 ·
You have done an awesome job with your handsome boy, congratulations! You might try to teach him to go through the weave walking backwards, I saw a dog do it on tv once and I thought it was so cool. Thanks for sharing with us, I enjoyed watching it. :thumbup:

#11 ·
Odin is seriously such a fun dog! He is always such a happy worker no matter what we are doing:)

I like the idea of teaching him to weave backwards through my legs. It will be a tough one since his rear end awareness kind of sucks. I will have to wrap my head around how to teach that, will need to google some videos.

To teach him to sit from a down I think I just lured it? Or maybe I just said "sit" and made kind of a jumping up motion, then faded it. Keep in mind that it does take a little bit of coordination so part of it for your puppy is going to be learning to use some muscles that he may not have used before.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#16 ·
He is 3.5 and in super good shape! He is my hiking buddy/agility superstar:)

I back chained the bang trick with a clicker. Just sat on the ground with him, made a fist with a treat in my hand and held it on the ground and waited for him to offer his chin on the ground. Clicked, and progressed from there. It was a very easy trick to back chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.