German Shepherds Forum banner

CRAZY likeness of Hans from a vintage illustration!

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Bear GSD 
#1 · (Edited)
Illustration by Edward Herbert Miner (1882-1941) of GSDs at work. The text mentions The Seeing Eye School in Morrostown, NJ. :wild:

#5 ·
It is a JogaDog that I got off eBay, brand new, for a ridiculous price.
Got very lucky.
We use it almost every day for 35 minutes at a time, sometimes twice a day, in addition to other things he does. It is a lifesaver if it is dark, cold, or hot outside. And if I am just feeling too darned tired to walk him.

#11 ·
What model is that jog a dog? Thanks!

#13 ·
I put him on it when he was about 11 weeks old and he took to it right away. Treating him a lot helped. Now he doesn't get treats.

I have an old video of him when he was little, on the treadmill. Let me see if I can find it.

Oh, and I bought the above illustration. I'm going to frame it!:wild:

#19 ·
Sorry we sidetracked you. I do think the comparison is neat.

I have been studying the option.

I know carpet mills are a lot cheaper but they are, I think, more for anaerobic excercise and muscle building (though actually beau gets plenty of aerobic ball chasing and I do hil walking for the old Guy to try to maintain rear leg muscle mass)

#20 ·
No problem! Gave me a good look back at Hans. Gosh, he was so little. :wub:

Never heard of Carpet Mill, but now that I looked, I realize I couldn't use that one. Inclines are not recommended for growing puppies. I had to adjust mine to completely horizontal.

And no way would I ever see Hans run like this on a treadmill, LOL!

Eco Carpet Mill with Romeo the Staffordshire Bull Terrier - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.