Pregnant Pictures - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

How old is your female?

Sinister ~ black GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ Dalmatian 6.30.13
LaRen616 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Which titles does Smokey have?
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Cool. Why'd you pick that stud? How far along is she?
oh and we're at a little over 5 weeks. I need better pics though because I can tell she is showing.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

She looks like a nice German Showline bitch, and looks a lot like my Odessa.

Whenever you announce an impending whelp here, you are opening yourself up to the third degree. Normally people deep into the breed frown on having puppies because your bitch is beautiful, or because you want a puppy out of her, because people use those excuses to breed anything and everything, dogs with no health screenings, dogs with no papers, mixes. And the results are slaughtered day after day in shelters across the country.

Everyone says "I have homes for them" "my family and friends all want one" "that will never happen to one of my puppies." "they are purebred dogs and I won't have any trouble finding them homes."

These people will say to leave breeding to the experts who are breeding for the preservation of the breed, who are breeding to improve some aspect of their current lines, who are breeding to hold back a puppy or puppies, to breed further to do something that produces dogs that will be excellent ambassadors of the breed.

What you have said was, I have a bitch, she is pretty, I want a puppy, I will breed her to an available stud.

What I think:

I think you are starting with a very nice bitch, and staying within the lines -- if I am correct about both being German Showline dogs. I think it could make a good match and the puppies should be very nice.

You have a lot to learn, I think, and spend the next so many weeks doing so. Use your breeder friend to help you place the puppies in the best homes. Do not sell them cheap. If you do, unscrupulous people will snatch them up and breed them to death, others may not give them the value they deserve, as they got them for just $x. [now half the board will complain that they got their dog cheap and they treat it wonderfully. I do not dispute that that happens, but we are probably less than 1% of the GSD dog owners out there, people nutso about everything dog, and not everyone is like that.]

Scroll down to the breeder section, and find some type of contract, one that says you will take the pup back in the least.

If you are not a member of a breed club already, what are you waiting for? You will meet people there who are almost as nutso and we are here about everything dog. And while you may not sell your puppies to them, you may get a better feel for what people are looking for.

Have you done any genetic testing on your bitch?

I wish you luck with the puppies. One litter of nice German Showline puppies will not ruin the breed.
I am hoping that when you made your choice, you had in mind health of dam and sire, health history of ancestors and progeny (of sire), and in those areas where your bitch is weak, I am hoping the dog is correct.

Again, good luck, looking forward to seeing the puppies.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't really think how she looks matters if she has no titles to back it up.

I meant to say lovely in my PM Joshua.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSHUA SAMPSON View Post
To properly answer why I am breeding her, She is just such a gorgeous Dog with such great temperament. She is the best GSD I have ever owned and I most definitely want a daughter out of her before she is too old to have puppies. So... I decided to breed her and found a wonderful sire at the Whirling Thunder Ranch in Pittsburgh KS. They have some awesome dogs there, and the owner Lida is just about the nicest lady I have ever worked with. I picked Dax because he is a gorgous specimen of a dog, he has good titles and I thought he was a good match with my Smokey
Ok. Let me get this straight.

You are breeding your female because she is gorgeous, well there are alot of GSD's that are gorgeous and should not be bred.

She has a great temperment. What is her temperment like that makes it so great?

She is the best GSD you have ever owned. How many GSD's have you owned? Just because she is the best you have ever owned does not mean that she should be bred.

You want a puppy out of her, if you like her so much and want one like her then why didn't you go through the same breeder and get another puppy?

You stated in another thread that you are hoping she has 10 puppies. If you only plan on keeping 1 puppy, where are the other 9 going to go?

Sinister ~ black GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ Dalmatian 6.30.13
LaRen616 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I don't really think how she looks matters if she has no titles to back it up.

I meant to say lovely in my PM Joshua.
Titles do not make the puppies any smarter.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well, OP hasn't actually said she is not health tested or titled. The male is V rated, Kk1, and SchH 3. None of that is cheap to do and I'll hope that his owners have no desire to ruin their stud's "reputation" by breeding him to an unsuitable female.
GSDElsa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know you two have an agenda, and I understand that. But the bitch is bred and five weeks along. Do you want to hound this guy off the board, where he may get some help with his bitch and maybe in the process understand more about the whole topic? This guy is going to have a litter of puppies. It will most likely be his last litter of puppies, or at least, probably his last litter out of this girl.

If he spays her at this point, he will ALWAYS regret it. And the next bitch he purchases he WILL breed even if she is not as nice, not as beautiful, not the best dog he has ever had.

So lets just let the puppies that are already coming get the best they can from the board.

I think this type of breeding is heads and tails over someone who says, Ooops, my son let my dog get to my bitch puppy I think she is pregnant. Or, we let them eat together and stepped outside for just a few seconds... Or, my brother in law did not listen when we said not to let them out together.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
Old 04-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDElsa View Post
Well, OP hasn't actually said she is not health tested or titled. The male is V rated, Kk1, and SchH 3. None of that is cheap to do and I'll hope that his owners have no desire to ruin their stud's "reputation" by breeding him to an unsuitable female.
OP PM'ed me and told me she was not titled. According to his website, she isn't health tested either. And a one year health guarantee is not reputable in the least.

Last edited by DJEtzel; 04-01-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.