Ecollars 2014 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ecollars 2014

Hey All,

While ghost is still to young to wear and e-collar; I have done extensive research on which one to purchase on this forum. I looked at the forum posts and they seem to be a bit dated (a year or more). My two contenders are the Dogtra Edge and the Tritronics 500. Any thoughts on which one to purchase is greatly appreciated

- Ghost
GhostUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 01:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm only familiar with one, Dogtra 1900ncp, but like you I did extensive research and am really impressed with both build quality and stim consistency with nightly charging.
Sagan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagan View Post
I'm only familiar with one, Dogtra 1900ncp, but like you I did extensive research and am really impressed with both build quality and stim consistency with nightly charging.
I've almost got my mind made up with going with the Dogtra Edge unless anyone else wants to chime in with their opinions / experiences .
Old 08-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Subbing because I would like to get an ecollar. Unfortunately I'm on a very tight budget!
Germanshepherdlove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

I use e-collars also. Look at k9 power.com they have some really good units and priced well. I use the OL-400Ts. I've tried numerous other brands from petsafe all the way through hunters. I really like the model I have now due to very consistent use. Strobe light and slandered. Fits great in your hand. Easy to read lighted digital display, with easy push lock control knob in perfect position, two activation buttons right I. Finger natural placement for pulse and static. Of course auto off. Water proof, and have yet to come into,issues with range range. But also, very comfortable fit on dog, while not having a large obstruct on the dogs neck. Plus the bright Orange let's other know you have control (even though people don't understand what a trains dog on an e-collar can be "off" leash) but that's another story
Ltleo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Thanks!

Hey All,

I'm very thankful for all of the positive feedback and suggestions provided by fellow members. I decided to take the plunge today and ended up buying a green/blue Dogtra Edge E-collar. I finally decided on the Dogtra collar after conducting hours of research on many different brands. Just as a heads up, i'll be posting more pictures of Ghost and Mishka with their new ecollars on when they arrive on September 2nd .

For those of you seeking collars on a budget, i'm not really sure where to guide you in that regard. I can tell you that I previously owned a Einstein collar that I purchased from Von Liche Kennels and the receiver is no longer holding a charge. This probably falls under the saying "You get what you pay for". After I receive my Dogtra edge i'll try to post a review on here .
Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I ended up getting a used dogtra 1500ncp on eBay. I know dogtra has better, but it is what I can afford right now! It hopefully will come Saturday
Germanshepherdlove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I like my Tritronics Pro 100 over the Dogtra 1700 I just sold.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.