"Real" Protection Dogs - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Connell View Post
If you like GSD's that do KNPV : Watch for the solid black GSD...he is a PH2, this is from the 2010 Championships. I think he was third. (Dodge Kiradesja)

KNPV 2010 Eindhoven Deel 2.mov - YouTube

My friend in France just bred to him, and coincidentally, the puppies are being born, as we speak.
Dodge is owned by Ma Ming. My dog's mother's breeder just bred to him as well. Dodge is a son of Inox v.h. Ming who is 3/4 brother to my dog's grand father Kobalt v.h. Ming. I promise you that these dogs are solid as a rock. Zero nerve issues. Great examples of what the breed should be in my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

There's a whole world out there in tactical uses of the dog in protection work. Often when you introduce environmental challenges, heights, water, fire, enclosed surfaces, planes,trains,buses,and extreme rubble, you would be surprised at how the dog reacts and the amount of dogs that either shut down or function so tepidly as to not be effective. A strong PPD I think should be introduced to as much of the routine world as possible for exposure.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
There's a whole world out there in tactical uses of the dog in protection work. Often when you introduce environmental challenges, heights, water, fire, enclosed surfaces, planes,trains,buses,and extreme rubble, you would be surprised at how the dog reacts and the amount of dogs that either shut down or function so tepidly as to not be effective. A strong PPD I think should be introduced to as much of the routine world as possible for exposure.
I agree.

Additionally, if the dog cannot be stable out in public, what good is it as a protection dog if it is locked up at home and not out with you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim Connell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Dodge is owned by Ma Ming. My dog's mother's breeder just bred to him as well. Dodge is a son of Inox v.h. Ming who is 3/4 brother to my dog's grand father Kobalt v.h. Ming. I promise you that these dogs are solid as a rock. Zero nerve issues. Great examples of what the breed should be in my opinion.
Yes, I am interested in seeing pups from these breedings.

Tim Connell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Tim that is why a few of us have been placed on a police k9 committee FoR the USCA. We are designing a new title as WPO/DPO was eliminated. We are designing something that us not an arbitrary routine and puts real pressure on the dog in order to hopefully be a decent test of breed worthiness. Wish us luck.....

Certifying official all fields
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Connell View Post
I agree.

Additionally, if the dog cannot be stable out in public, what good is it as a protection dog if it is locked up at home and not out with you?
Seldom would a PPD be available to protect when necessary anyway. We can't just take our dogs anywhere and everywhere. I feel the most vulnerable in a parking lot going in and out of stores. My dog isn't allowed in those places, so no way could I be protected.
Quote:
We are designing something that us not an arbitrary routine and puts real pressure on the dog in order to hopefully be a decent test of breed worthiness. Wish us luck.....
I can't wait!! Good luck

and

Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

excellent dog , that Dodge . Just goes to show you how split the breed is - in body and "soul" -- (conformation and temperament).

carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

we on the comittee have some innovative ideas. we'll see

Certifying official all fields
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"Additionally, if the dog cannot be stable out in public, what good is it as a protection dog if it is locked up at home and not out with you?"

absolutely important - can not say this enough times.

carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaw203 View Post
Tim that is why a few of us have been placed on a police k9 committee FoR the USCA. We are designing a new title as WPO/DPO was eliminated. We are designing something that us not an arbitrary routine and puts real pressure on the dog in order to hopefully be a decent test of breed worthiness. Wish us luck.....
Excellent. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with and I hope it is well supported!!

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.