German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Other Protection Sports (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/other-protection-sports/)
-   -   SDA trial in NJ in the fall. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/other-protection-sports/416002-sda-trial-nj-fall.html)

cliffson1 02-25-2014 08:39 AM

SDA trial in NJ in the fall.

We are looking into having a SDA trial this fall in southern New Jersey. We are shooting for a two day trial. I will post more information as it materializes.

GatorDog 02-25-2014 09:31 AM

I'd be very interested in this!

MilesNY 02-25-2014 09:56 AM

I would be very very interested, with possibly two dogs to enter. :-)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Merciel 02-25-2014 09:56 AM

Would love to watch and learn. I've never had the chance to see SDA in person. :)

mycobraracr 02-25-2014 09:58 AM

Alright!!! I'm thinking a possible road trip :D NJ is close to California right?

GatorDog 02-25-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mycobraracr (Post 5084186)
Alright!!! I'm thinking a possible road trip :D NJ is close to California right?

OMG YES! I was just going to message you and Kiersten and ask for help on what I need to do to train Carm for it. Maybe even dust off Aiden and bring him out ;)

Bring your dogs and Scott can work them! Don't you love how I volunteer my boyfriend without even asking =P

GatorDog 02-25-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilesNY (Post 5084146)
I would be very very interested, with possibly two dogs to enter. :-)

Me toooooo!! YAYAYAY Road trip!

MilesNY 02-25-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorDog (Post 5084226)
Me toooooo!! YAYAYAY Road trip!

Cliff, you have all our hopes up now!!!! :-D

mycobraracr 02-25-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorDog (Post 5084218)
OMG YES! I was just going to message you and Kiersten and ask for help on what I need to do to train Carm for it. Maybe even dust off Aiden and bring him out ;)

Bring your dogs and Scott can work them! Don't you love how I volunteer my boyfriend without even asking =P

Hahaha Kiersten does it on a daily basis. I will send you some videos. You guys will kill it ;)

mycobraracr 02-25-2014 10:22 AM

For those who have not done SDA. First title is the family obedience title (FO).
Family_Obdience_SDA - YouTube

From there you can go into a Protection Alert(non biting protection title), the "sport" titles or Police Dog titles. Starting with 1 and working your way up. In the sport titles, you have a choice of Suit, Sleeve, or muzzle. Depending on what you're doing the titles can have slight differences. If doing a P1 sleeve title, many of the exercises are still done in a suit except for the bites. So it is a good idea to expose your dogs to seeing a suit before the trial. Here are videos of the P1.

P1 obedience
sda obedience OB1, P1's, PD1 - YouTube

P1 Protection
SDA P1 Protection Dog 1 - YouTube