All your K9 Pro Sports questions answered - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All your K9 Pro Sports questions answered

Since gsdfan81 asked, and BrittanyP didn't answer, I'd like to get a few things cleared up for 'gsdfan81'. First it is important to understand that when K9Pro Sports started there was no such thing as a Protection sport there was only SchH and Ring Sports in the world, but you can read it for yourself at Wikipedia, K9 Pro Sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

As with all originals, whoever comes later almost always has to borrow ideas from the original. For example when Joe & Jerry (the two that started PSA) wanted to learn how to start their Sport they went through the K9Pro Sports judging program to get some experience. Over the years K9Pro Sports has had a lot copied, except for our judging system which was set up as a Certification system for protection trained dogs set in a competitive format.

K9 Pro is the ONLY international Personal Protection certification system! The only American dog sport to be used in Europe. The only protection sport to be used in certifying military & police dogs in 4 countries. The only protection certification with judges from the military, security, and civilian police world. The only bite sport with street experienced founders, directors, and judges. One reason for our acceptance is probably our 2 judge, written judging system, every one goes home with a Written evaluation of each step of their performance from TWO different judges. Knowing how quickly clubs can turn into "Good ol boy" cliques K9Pros Sports uses two judges usually one local and one brought in (both always street experienced) to assure every one gets an honest evaluation of their dog and not the opinion of one persons buddy. So I hope that answers all the questions you had about K9Pros Sports, The only protection certification for GSD to Mastiffs. If you haven't heard of us it's probably because we don't have an internet sales force on the internet Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Butch Cappel; 01-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Butch Cappel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quite impressive!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Butch helped us a lot with a rescued GSD x we had, I have to say, I called him from WA state and he was good enough to give me a ton of very useful advice.
I'd go there if I lived closer!
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VonKromeHaus

MY warning to EVERYONE, GOOGLE is your friend. Do your research!!
VonKromeHaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Great suggestion Courtney, I always encourage folks to Google my name for refferences, I guess they could do K9Pro sports as well, never thought about that.
Butch Cappel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.