German Shepherds Forum banner

Creative ideas for two dog demo?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blanketback 
#1 ·
Ok, not competitive obedience, nor freestyle, but quite...

I have to do the annual training demonstration for the Canine Fair of this year and I don't want to do the same as past year, so I thought about doing something at the same time with both dogs. I can get one to be in a down while I do something with the other and I'm teaching Diabla to jump over Akela, but I don't really know what else to do or how to present what they know how to do on a more interesting way.

This is a simple practice from today, suggestions are welcomed ;)

#3 ·
I do some fun tricks with my two - like as one to sit on a chair while the other pushes it across the floor.

One spins in place while the other spins the opposite way.

Both in a sit, call to come, tell one to down or stand or whatever..

Also, we do this trick where Stark picks up an item (could be anything) and brings it to me, I say, "I didn't ask for that" and then he goes to Zefra and she takes it.

#4 ·
Those are really neat trick! You should show those to us ;)

The problem is, the demonstration is Saturday, so I don't have time to teach new things, only use what they already know :crazy:

#5 ·
That was a fun video to watch - thanks for posting it! You've taught them so many neat things, and the energy is contagious, lol. My favorite is Diabla backing up, but the leg weaves are fun too, and the jumping over each other. And up on you, lol. Good luck with your demonstration - I know people will just love it! My suggestion is to work a hula hoop into the choreography, lol. I have a vivid imagination and I know the three of you would put on an awesome show. Crazy but so cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.