AKC Obedience/Rally Move-ups (now "Transfers") - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default AKC Obedience/Rally Move-ups (now "Transfers")

Well, according to my obedience club, there are some new rules for Obedience and Rally move-ups that will make administration a "nightmare", however, I have not been able to locate that change.

So, they have decided that they will no longer allow move-ups at OB/RO trials. I go to a lot of these trials and this is the first club I have seen that initiated a no move-up policy. So, I won't be attending my own club's trial.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on? Anybody else experience a no move-up/transfer policy recently?
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

I'm going to forward your letter to someone from my club. I haven't heard anything about a change in move-ups.

I moved up in our July trial from Novice to advanced with no problem
Dainerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I noticed a notice on a premium for one of the last shows I was at. It said no move ups at all...probably because of the paper work headache. Since I was planning on doing an RN trial Saturday and an RA on Sunday I just signed up for them like that. Thankfully it's rally and I knew that I was going to qualify in novice but I wouldn't risk it in obedience.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I'm in Rally, but I have trials after the closing date of this show. Hopefully, my dog will Q, but he's been a bit distracting in Advanced.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yeah its always a risk...really depends on your dog and how much you believe in your ability to qualify. Luckily I shouldn't have any more shows like that anymore as all that's left is RE and I wouldn't dare try that in open obedience.

I think you'll start seeing the "no move ups" policy at a lot of shows now. I heard from our trial secretary that the paperwork was already a PITA and so if its even harder now I get why some shows will just not allow it. Luckily...nothing is sent to the AKC before the trial to check if you're allowed in that level, so its not a big deal to sign up like I did...although it is against AKC regulations.
martemchik is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

yes, that is pretty much what our trial secretary said. But, she said that it really isn't that much of a difference from what was already required.
All of the clubs local to me are still allowing move ups.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Only new regs are these:
Revisions to the
Obedience Regulations
Effective July 1, 2012
This insert is issued as a supplement to the
Obedience Regulations amended
January 1, 2012
CHAPTER 1
GENERAL REGULATIONS
Section 16a. Transfers (formerly Move-ups).
• The club will clearly state in its premium list whether transfers will or will
Not be allowed. If no statement is provided in the premium list the default is to allow transfers.
• After a dog earns a title, it may be transferred to another class in a future trial, even though the closing date for the trial has passed, provided the club offers transfers.
• A transfer (I.e., from an obedience class to an obedience class; or a rally class to a rally class) may be requested if, according to the owner’s records the handler and dog are eligible and the dog has completed the requirements for the title after the closing date of the trial in which the advanced entry is to be made.
• The request for a transfer must be in writing and presented to the superintendent or trial secretary at least 30 minutes prior to the start of each trial.
• Transfers may be approved provided the class and judge are available, and the class has not reached its limit.
• Movement between an “A” and “B” class at the same level is not considered a transfer – refer to Chapter 1, Section 16b.
SALMON Insert
Issued: July 2012 RO2999 (5/12)

Existing regs are these:

Section 16. When Titles Are Won. • After a dog earns a title from an “A” class, it may continue showing
In that “A” class for 60 days.
• After 60 days, it may continue to compete in that level “B” class.
• A dog may continue to compete in Novice B until it receives either a
Qualifying score in the open class or earns the Highest scoring Dog in the regular classes award.
• An unlimited number of the Highest Scoring Dog in the Regular classes awards may be obtained from the novice classes within the 60-day time period after earning the initial companion Dog title.
• Once a Highest Scoring Dog in the Regular Classes award is 7
Received after the 60-day period, the dog may no longer be entered in novice B at future trials for which entries have not closed.
• A dog may compete indefinitely in Open B and/or Utility B after the open or utility title is earned.
• A dog may compete in a more advanced class if it receives the prerequisite
Title prior to the trial in which the advanced entry is to be made.
• Once a dog has competed in Open, it may not again be shown in novice A.
• Once a dog has competed in Utility, it may not again be shown in open A.
Section 16a. Move-ups. • The club will clearly state in its premium list whether move-ups will
Or will not be allowed.
• After a dog earns a title, it may be moved up to the next class in
A future trial even though the closing date for the trial has passed, provided the club offers move-ups.
• Move-ups may be approved, provided the next level class (e. G. Novice to open) and judge is available and the class has not reached its limit.
• A move-up may be requested if, according to the owner’s records, the dog has completed the requirements for the title after the closing date of the trial in which the advanced entry is to be made.
• The request for a move-up must be in writing and presented to the superintendent or trial secretary at least 30 minutes prior to the start of each trial.
• Movement between an “A” and “B” class at the same level is not considered a move-up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.