WICHITA,KS-7WEEK PUPPIES-BYB-FREE TO GOOD HOME.EEK - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 03:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: WICHITA,KS-7WEEK PUPPIES-PICS and UPDATE

bump? Are any of the posters on this thread still interested...or have you been in contact with Stacia and/or MOGS?

Thanks!

GSD's
Allie, gotcha 7/2007

Forever our angels
Meeka, b. 10/31/94-11/25/06
Kelso, b. 9/3/2006-2/09/12
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

if I was only closer......Kansas is too far or me to drive
jeffreyzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Kelso,
Of course Tonya is still interested and yet with the information we read, it seemed a tad discouraging to those interested, outside of Kansas. I do understand the reasoning in that realm but we thought perhaps <u>all</u> applications would be considered resulting in the selection of the best homes possible for these babies.
I have a very small rescue operation here in the Dakotas and I informed Tonya from our initial conversations that when talking in terms of my "adoption fee" I have always quoted the potential adoptor the amount of money that I have expended on the GSD.
For example, if the pup/adult was surrendered as is usually the case, I have them vetted (physical exams),vaccinations are brought up to date if necessary, wormed and spayed or neutered if not already done. If those fees are $50 or $189.50 I hand those statements to the adoptor and ask for the $50 or $189.50 fee. I have let my approved families know that the profit of this precious German Shepherd lies in that it will never see a rescue or shelter again ever, in it's life. That does not say that I haven't received additional monies in the mail or at the moment of adoption for my time spent, but it doesn't happen often and I don't look for it. I do keep in touch for the next year or so, thereafter they have my phone numbers and email addresses which haven't changed should they need to contact me or send pictures and updates.
I told Tonya that even though the pups were surrendered that if there is profit from a $350 adoption fee per pup, the proceeds would go back into the rescue. With that I explained our case with Schatze, our adolescent black GSD pup that we pulled from the Aberdeen dog pound. Schatze experienced a life threatening reaction to Verbantal following her vetting at No. Plains Animal Health. (Her story is under the Health section here on the bb or archives) No one offered upwards of $1,000 to adopt her but most important, after what she'd suffered and any residual effects on her long-term health & growth, my hubby whisper-promised her before surgery (while I was weeping in my hands) she wasn't expected to live through that if she'd give it that one last fight, she had a home with us, forever. Instead of finding a little body upon checking her late that evening, Dr. Adolf called and said "I am shocked & elated to tell you that I walked in and your little girl is sitting up"..... she kept her promise, we kept ours. She was skin and bones literally but she came home eating one tablespoon of a special diet at a time to start her road to forever in our hearts.
Now, to make this long story short, I did find a 13 mo. old registered intact male GSD in North Dakota at a vet's clinic listed on Petfinder for Tonya. Pull fee is $40.00, I asked the pull fee with neutering and she said "it still would be $40.00". So we're waiting for her to email pictures and will make a decision from there following temperament testing, etc.
I understand where Tonya is coming from when you are used to adopting out of an AC shelter, it's usually the pull fee and this is the first time she has opted to adopt from Rescue. Many first time adoptors are surprised at fees until they know what Rescue entails and that one fee helps to make up for fees (like Schatze's bill) that set the Rescue back into the red. All fees for any souls I take in come straight out of my personal bank account so I strive to simply come out even. The personal "profit" I seek is more than pay-back to me. And that is just my own Mission Statement.
Best of luck with those babies and thanks for having their best interests and future in mind!

Patsy Brosz
SD German Shepherd Rescue
Old 12-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I understand what you are saying...thank you for what you do.

I was just passing along the info I recieved so those on here that were interested would know more, I do not make the policies. I am sad that it is discouraging, sorry for that. I hoped it would not come off that way.

They did say that they would like them to be in KS but would consider other places if it was the best home for the pup. I was never told and hope it did not come across that every application would not be considered.......

But thank you again. I wish the best for these babies as well.

Have a great holiday

GSD's
Allie, gotcha 7/2007

Forever our angels
Meeka, b. 10/31/94-11/25/06
Kelso, b. 9/3/2006-2/09/12
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hey Steph,
Thanks for your reply as well, you and I are both the messengers. Tonya did submit an application she told me but likely doesn't expect to get a pup so we will continue looking. We all know that there is a needful soul out there that will be blessed with their love and home and they will be blessed with a wonderful GSD that will give them back tenfold. All will be well that ends well.
You know when you get in these situations that move fast the more people involved, the more frustrating it can be, but in the end
it's a labor of love that ends well for the benefit of these sweet babies.
This has been a learning experience for Tonya and she is much better for it. What a better way to gain a co-rescuer for SD GSD Rescue who has become familiar with all the ropes involved in rescue! We all end up winners!
Have a wonderful Holiday to you and yours, Steph. May your days be 'Merry and Bright'! Thanks for the help you've been!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

Are these still available?
learflyier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This looks to be a 2yr old thread?
robinhuerta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Yes that's what I thought also, do you know of any that are available in wichita ks?
learflyier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sorry..I do not.
But don't worry...someone will read this thread and post possible info.....
Good Luck!
robinhuerta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

Default eeek!

I have sent you an email
ForTheLoveOfDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.