German Shepherds Forum banner

please help me find my female a good home (adopted)

13K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  Daisy&Lucky's Mom 
#1 ·
I am moving out of the country for work and I will not have the time or environment to care for my female long coat Shepherd anymore. She is 7 years old, fixed. She is a show dog and working k9. Highly trained, german champion bloodline, has titles. I would like to find a home for her that can provide her the k9 work she needs and loves. I am in Chicagoland Area. I have worked with her and trained her all her life. I was part of a German Shepherd dog club. She has her BH and was in process of training for Sch1. She is also 2011, 2012 1st place midwest confirmation show female champion long coat. Trained in German and English commands.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Oh my she is so gorgeous in every way. I have a long coat male GSD - neutered and he would love her but she would only be a pet - a well exercised pet with 5.5 acres of Atlantic Ocean acreage in Nova Scotia but not worked in the true sense of the word.

My husband is from Des Plaines, Ill.

I hope you find the best home possible - I can't imagine what you are going through. Best to you both. M.

#8 ·
I am moving out of the country for work and I will not have the time or environment to care for my female long coat Shepherd anymore. She is 7 years old, fixed. She is a show dog and working k9. Highly trained, german champion bloodline, has titles. I would like to finnd a home for her that can provide her the k9 work she needs and loves. I am in Chicagoland Area. I have worked with her and trained her all her life. I was part of a German Shepherd dog club. She has her BH and was in process of training for Sch1. She is also 2011, 2012 1st place midwest confirmation show female champion long coat. Trained in German and English commands.
Are you selling her or trying to adopt her out? Where are you located? Please pm me.

#19 ·
Anyone interested please private message me with email. I am new to this forum and cannot private message back or insert my contact info.

First thing I did was reach out to my club and affiliated clubs, and my breeder..non with any success. I do not wish to put her into a rescue as I want to place her myself so that I know where she is going. Ideally I wish for her to go a home that will continue her training, that is what she loves more than anything. She is a play driven dog, so we works better with a bite than food. She is female aggressive, but gets along with males, although in first meeting she may show aggressive behavior, which deminises after a few minutes. She lived with my other dog who was a male doberman. I surrendered him back to my breeder already.

#21 ·
I cannot respond back to messages as I am new to the forum. Please private message me with contact info.

Those asking why I am posting here instead of other alternatives...The Very first thing I did was contact my old GSD club Chicago Schutzund Verein, I then contacted all the affiliated GSD clubs and contacted my breeder..after exhausting all options, this is my last resort. I do not wish to put her into a rescue, as I want to find her a home myself so I know she is going to a place that will serve her best.

#28 ·
Just a little update: we are going to take her!

I'm really excited. She won't get here until sometime in September. Patience is not among my virtues.

We are really looking forward to this lovely new addition to our family. We'll let her settle in for a week or two and then it's off to the field to see what she remembers.

Pics will be forthcoming when she gets here. Can't wait!

#31 ·
Update:

She is here! The lovely Lexi arrived last night after an eight hour drive from Chicago to E Tennessee!

Pics coming soon.

She is beautiful. Her prior owner was good enough to provide a brand new hip and elbow X-ray and very comprehensive blood panel--she's in great shape! Lexi will be eight in October, but she behaves and looks like a two year old.

She is a bundle of energy. Even after her long trip, she showed plenty of play drive. We're actually looking for her Off switch.

Lexi's prior owner wanted her to go to an IPO home. So after a week to settle in, we'll take her out to our trainer for a thorough evaluation to see where she is. She hasn't been worked in years. She does have her Bh.

Once we establish a training plan for her, she'll be off to the club!

Lexi's timing could not be better. My WL male just had his hips done and they are very bad, which accounts for the drop in his drive levels. He'll not be able to do IPO, sadly. Which left me without a dog to train till the puppy gets here in January.

Anyway, Lexi's first stop on Monday morning is to meet our vet and then she gets to goof off for a few days before we start training.

Just thought I'd give you the happy ending!

#32 ·
It's so great that this all worked out. Congratulations on your new girl. Long coats are so beautiful.

#36 ·
This is a great ending - I'm personally very excited for the photos. She sounds wonderful. Very sorry to hear about your male's hips though, it's a shame he can't continue in IPO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.