Need to rehome 2 year old female in WI - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need to rehome 2 year old female in WI

We have made the very hard decision to rehome our 2 yo female. She is trying to be the alpha with our 7 yo male. She isn't fixed (please do not hate - we are financially having alot of issues and may end up losing our house) and can't afford to get her fixed. We have tried to go to spay and neuter clinics but we make too much and are not on any types of public assistance.

Anyway, we have tried different behavior modifications, more play time, more one on one time, everything other than hiring a trainer (which we can't afford). She is a great dog and knows basic commands and will play fetch for hours (if our arms would last that long). She has ALOT of energy. She is territorial and will bark if someone comes near the fence in our back yard and has to have a muzzle put on if someone comes in the house (this is more for our peace of mind). She hasn't bit anyone. This is why I would prefer to have a rescue or someone that is used to this type of behavior and not put her on craigslist or give her to a friend that isn't used to a GSD.

I have contacted the area GSD rescues but only a few have responded and are not able to take another rescue in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jewels1273 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

my suggestion would be, to have her spayed prior to placing her, charge that as a fee for the dog.

Check with your local vets offices, sometimes they have clients looking to adopt.

Unless a rescue takes her, I would not place her unspayed, and I would be very thorough in checking references of potential adopters.

What about the breeder you got her from? Also check with local training centers they may know of adopters.

** added, just read some of your previous postings, so this girl has had two litters of puppies. Definitely get her spayed, rehome her or sell your two young puppies to cover the cost of spaying. I guess it bothers me, that you've had two litters of pupppies, kept a couple, and now because she has behaviorial issues you want to rehome her...

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge

Last edited by JakodaCD OA; 06-13-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: added
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Agree with everything Diane said above - and did you try White Paws? They take dogs from all over. White Paws German Shepherd Rescue, Wisconsin Someone on this board is part of that group too....

FredD dog Wiley needs a new home
Maureen is the person - maybe PM and then contact them.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Where are you located in WI? Where is the dog from? Any ideas on the lines?

PM me the information if you don't want to share it on the forum. I have some resources that we could work with.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanKBBMMMAAN View Post
Agree with everything Diane said above - and did you try White Paws? They take dogs from all over. White Paws German Shepherd Rescue, Wisconsin Someone on this board is part of that group too....

FredD dog Wiley needs a new home
Maureen is the person - maybe PM and then contact them.
I've tried White Paws and no response as of today.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
my suggestion would be, to have her spayed prior to placing her, charge that as a fee for the dog.

Check with your local vets offices, sometimes they have clients looking to adopt.

Unless a rescue takes her, I would not place her unspayed, and I would be very thorough in checking references of potential adopters.

What about the breeder you got her from? Also check with local training centers they may know of adopters.

** added, just read some of your previous postings, so this girl has had two litters of puppies. Definitely get her spayed, rehome her or sell your two young puppies to cover the cost of spaying. I guess it bothers me, that you've had two litters of pupppies, kept a couple, and now because she has behaviorial issues you want to rehome her...
We have recently gotten rid of the puppies to a family members. Sorry that is bothers you but we are doing the best that we can financially.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
Where are you located in WI? Where is the dog from? Any ideas on the lines?

PM me the information if you don't want to share it on the forum. I have some resources that we could work with.
Thank you. I sent you a PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mid- Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue - they have a non-magsr page for owners. Check with them as well. magsr.org

I'm the ALPHA

Last edited by 45yearsofGSDs; 06-13-2014 at 10:27 AM.
45yearsofGSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45yearsofGSDs View Post
Mid- Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue - they have a non-magsr page for owners. Check with them as well. magsr.org
I checked with Mid-Atlantic and they cannot take any more rescues in at this time.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Mid Atlantic is in Maryland. They can do a courtesy post, as most rescues will. You need to recheck with White Paws and see if they will courtesy post her on petfinder for you or if they will take her if you continue to keep her until a home is found.

Check the Michigan and Minnesota rescues as well. You need to look much close to you than Maryland.

What is her pedigree? Is she registered? Where is her breeder?

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.