German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Non-Urgent GSD Rescue & Adoption (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/non-urgent-gsd-rescue-adoption/)
-   -   Dog found on craigslist! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/non-urgent-gsd-rescue-adoption/453009-dog-found-craigslist.html)

Kiitsu 05-22-2014 01:11 AM

Dog found on craigslist!

free dog
Wasn't sure where to post this, but....
Someone please get this dog. He is "free to a good home", and that is putting him at risk. I would get him myself but I do not have room or time for a second GSD right now. Please, help him out. :( I may try to pick him up and get the local GSD rescue to take him if nobody else can get him.

CelticGlory 05-23-2014 07:09 PM

Why was it flagged?

huntergreen 05-24-2014 08:55 PM

what does flag mean.

Thewretched 05-24-2014 09:01 PM

Same as reported,

Sent from Petguide.com Free Appc

lennyb 05-24-2014 10:03 PM

Craigslist starting flagging / removing certain ads about free animals especially dogs in order to try to cut down on back yard fights and general abuse. I give them a lot of credit for doing it.

lalachka 05-25-2014 04:40 AM

Dog found on craigslist!

I don't think it's craigslist doing it. There are fb groups that have people in them that find and flag these posts. And just people doing it on their own. If it gets a certain number of flags then it gets removed.

Maybe CL is doing it as well but there are definitely people out there flagging these ads every day.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

llombardo 05-25-2014 08:12 AM

I have personally flagged posts on CL for different reasons. It's a person not CL.

jafo220 05-25-2014 10:06 AM

Got a dumb question. How can you help a dog like this out, if people flag these adds? Could someone explain this to me? I understand the reasoning for flagging, but if the person flagging the post doesn't go and get the dog themselves what happens to the dog? Contact is lost.

llombardo 05-25-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafo220 (Post 5562978)
Got a dumb question. How can you help a dog like this out, if people flag these adds? Could someone explain this to me? I understand the reasoning for flagging, but if the person flagging the post doesn't go and get the dog themselves what happens to the dog? Contact is lost.

Where I am at the chances of free dog being used as a bait dog is extremely high. The dog is better off going to the shelter. I am not one to say this often but I'd rather see a dog get put to sleep humanely then be tortured by some sicko.

Kiitsu 05-27-2014 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llombardo (Post 5563170)
Where I am at the chances of free dog being used as a bait dog is extremely high. The dog is better off going to the shelter. I am not one to say this often but I'd rather see a dog get put to sleep humanely then be tortured by some sicko.

Yeah, I would rather it be removed than the dog get taken for a bait dog. I really, really hope someone can help this guy out if the ad is reposted.