39 PB GSD's in DURHAM NY - Page 50 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #491 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I see, from a facebook print screen clip that there is a breeder in Ontario with at least one of the male dogs who is trying to get the AKC papers so he can breed him. Word is he is also in possession of Dante vom Hunter Haus.

I would love an explanation as to why a shelter has the policy to give AKC dogs out to breeders? I have never heard of such a thing. EVER.

I'm trying to stay neutral until all the facts come out but PROOF like that is hard to ignore.
Why don't you contact CGHS & ask them, I always thought that too.
I would do it myself but they won't talk to me or answer any of my questions.
Needing Advise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #492 (permalink)
Crowned Member

And where are the puppies???
Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #493 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needing Advise View Post
Why don't you contact CGHS
because I have my own problems to worry about today

It's MICHELLE, scarfish! My name is MICHELLE! Jax is my DOG!

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #494 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I see, from a facebook print screen clip that there is a breeder in Ontario with at least one of the male dogs who is trying to get the AKC papers so he can breed him. Word is he is also in possession of Dante vom Hunter Haus.

I would love an explanation as to why a shelter has the policy to give AKC dogs out to breeders? I have never heard of such a thing. EVER.

I'm trying to stay neutral until all the facts come out but PROOF like that is hard to ignore.
Hence , my question regarding the Horses "Sit, Stay" was referring to.
I too have seen those Facebook Posts , and YES that is certainly the case regarding not only those 2 dogs but others as well .
The only dogs that left intact were valuable dogs given to breeder friends of the CGHS chairperson, and to the Sherriffs themselves, along with Sherriffs immediate family ( Mother) .
The arresting officer got a puppy last a few weeks ago.
A puppy that was already sold to one of the owners in the current suit against the Shelter.
CGHS dismissed her claim of ownership and refused her claim to her pup even though she had a sales contract, along with her bank statement to verify payment.
Their claim was without AKC registration and vet records the dog did not belong to her.
There was a stay in place but the dog was given away despite the stay to the arresting officer .
That puppy was seized/ surrendered or whatever Perez is calling it these days at 5 weeks old so there would be no AKC registration or vet records obviously as the puppy was still with its mother at he time of the raid.
It is illegal in the state of New York to transfer a puppy to a new owner before 8 weeks of age, but apparently that law does not apply to CGHS.
They took 2 pups away from their mothers at 5 weeks old, and got away with it.
The first was taken directly from the "crime scene" and never accounted for. A 5 week old female pup just dissappeared into thin air.
Also , the 2 dogs that were adopted out immediately to people they "knew very well" were actually 3 young adult females adopted out immediately obviously intact because they were never even seen by the CGHS vet despite the fact that their search warrant specifically stated"all animals need to be retained as evidence."
Ive asked myself whom these people that they know so well are and how they were pre-approved for adoption of animals that were not even in their care or custody yet? Thats something I would find interesting to know, but likely never will.
Apparently the law does not apply to them and the Judge's orders from the start were ignored because they have their own agenda.
I do not know Dawn but I do have verifiable sources close to this situation and I made the decision early on to follow the story and see how it plays out before making any judgments either way.
Sit, Stays earlier post intrigued me regarding the horses because of the similarities but I feel in that case it was accusations and in this case its grand larceny. (JMHO).
I too will be waiting to hear more, not that I am sure I want to hear more because their actions are appalling and this case could set legal precedence that affects breeders far and wide for decades. Very scary.
Its like COPS "gone wild."
When and how will it end for everyone most importantly the dogs?
I guess we will all have to wait and see as of right now I know for a fact some Sherriff's deputy's , their families and other breeders including some competitors have some pretty valuable dogs for a mere $105 adoption fee and a handshake.
Fran Kerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #495 (permalink)
Crowned Member

AKC is just a registry.

But one would think that having the registration paperwork, vet bills, microchip, license information would be enough to prove that you own your dog.

I hope it is.

I can understand a breeder giving a retired breeding dog to a friend or a good home and not transferring the papers in hopes that the dog would not be used as a breeding animal, in the event that that person chose to sell the dog. That would mean the original owners would have the papers, but would not own the dog.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #496 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needing Advise View Post
Why don't you contact CGHS & ask them, I always thought that too.
I would do it myself but they won't talk to me or answer any of my questions.
I would not waste my time calling to ask questions, dozens have called already and gone in person and each time they were given different info. It depends on who you are, who you are talking to and what day of the week it is.
Their statements don't hold water.
You know they are lying when their lips start moving, not much different from Ron Perez.......very discouraging.
I am sorry for what are going through.
I do not know Dawn but from what I have heard this was a shock to those that did know her personally.
I can't speak to what went wrong in that situation but can see pretty clearly all that has gone wrong since and continues to go so very wrong.
I hope the facts in this case , instead of speculation or hearsay continue to come to light and to be exposed.
I feel that would be in the best interest of all involved most importantly the dogs.
This has affected so many and I've read here along with other posts and forums that people not even involved have lost sleep over this.
I feel for you and what you must be going through.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #497 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What are they telling Kyle, the reporter that was following this? I wish he'd be more assertive in his investigation, but I bet his bosses are making him keep his distance.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #498 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
What are they telling Kyle, the reporter that was following this? I wish he'd be more assertive in his investigation, but I bet his bosses are making him keep his distance.
I haven't spoken to him yet. Saving him for last. I'll have Nando with me & photos of the dog their Vet recommended euthanasia for. The only dog that desperately needed help and was seized in the middle of taking his meds. From the 8th until the 14th of February he was taken from where he was being treated and taken to a Vet who not only was wrong when he guessed at what caused it and wrong again by giving him the wrong medicine. Win or Lose, I will go public to warn people to be very careful where you put your beloved pets, this could & does happen to innocent people who love their dogs.
Needing Advise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #499 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I want to see a copy of GCHS's Code of Ethics. I've googled 'SPCA code of ethics' and found many pages, but not one for them. Do they not have one? No qualms about conflict of interest? Aren't they obligated to abide by certain standards? This is all unbelievable, and they should be put under a microscope if this is even close to what's going on.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 AM   #500 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Why would they do that? What fear should anyone have in the truth coming out? Unless, someone has something to hide? Or is it in fear of the truth being exposed which could possibly make their life and career a living **** in that community in which they have to work . It will be interesting to see if Kyle still wants to be involved now that certain facts are coming to light . I'm interested to hear . He has always been very objective, but now he has gone silent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.