German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Non-Urgent GSD Rescue & Adoption (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/non-urgent-gsd-rescue-adoption/)
-   -   Need home for my guy :( (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/non-urgent-gsd-rescue-adoption/367850-need-home-my-guy.html)

Debless83 11-18-2013 07:52 AM

Need home for my guy :(

I am trying to find a home for my 2 year old(as of 12/8) male.

I have some medical treatments I will be going through starting mid-December and will not have the strength or energy to give him the attention he needs.

He is up to date on all shots and heart worm medication. He has been through a basic obedience class. He does have fear aggression when people come into the house. I have been working on that by keeping him on a leash until he is accustomed to them.

I really love this guy and want what's best for him...

I live in Lewis County, NY. If you are interested please let me know. Thank you.

Jax08 11-18-2013 10:53 AM

Have you contacted BDBH? They may be able to help you place him. Will the breeder help you place him?

Debless83 11-18-2013 01:36 PM

I'm new to all this so don't know what BDBH is. I'm not sure about the breeder, I haven't checked there yet (hadn't thought of it so thanks). He is neutered and I don't know if that will make it more difficult.

Stevenzachsmom 11-18-2013 01:42 PM

BDBH is Big Dogs Big Hearts. It's a rescue in NY. Here is the link.
Big Dogs Big Hearts Rescue Upstate New York

It is better that he is neutered. Definitely contact your breeder first. He/she may have someone looking for an adult dog.

Good luck!

Debless83 12-02-2013 10:49 AM

According to Boe's AKC paper the breeder is Mrs.Roseangela Mine Dupree. I am unable to find any contact information for her - does anyone know her and could help me get in touch? Thanks.

Castlemaid 12-02-2013 10:55 AM

You did not get Boe directly from the breeder? Where did you get him from?

What is Boe's registered name, or the name of his parents? Might help find the kennel he came from.

Wild Wolf 12-02-2013 11:24 AM

Have you thought of hiring a dog walker to exercise him for you? Not sure exactly what your situation is but figured it was worth mentioning.

MichaelE 12-02-2013 11:27 AM

Maybe you could find a foster for him until you are back on your feet and have regained your strength.

huntergreen 12-10-2013 12:55 PM

hope all has worked out for op and her gsd.

Debless83 12-14-2013 09:13 AM

Thanks to all for their suggestions and comments. I have boarded Boe for the first week. Living in a very rural section of Northern NY limits my options with dog walkers and fostering. My daughter will come up for a time to help out so i am hopeful all will work out.

To answer some of the questions asked - my son bought Boe through an ad on Craigslist and he lived with him and my ex for about 11 months till I took him in. I did not register Boe with the paperwork my son received, on those papers it states his parents are King Arthur Bruin and Queen Cali Ann. I would like to know more about his lineage as he is very smart.

And again many thanks and if anyone has any suggestions for my research to start I will take them.