Female GSD in NW Arkansas - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Female GSD in NW Arkansas

I have a very good GSD. She's almost 6 years old and has never given us any trouble. Very smart and very loyal.

We had 10 acres but now we're stuck in a duplex for longer than we thought. She stays inside all the time and we give her a lot of attention, but she needs more.

She's housebroken, and has only had one accident all these years and it was because she had a bladder infection. She's dominant around other dogs, but has always gotten along with them while boarding. It's only when I'm around that she's a little too protective. She's great with kids and loves to be chased. She also loves to swim and roam, but most of all she just enjoys being around her family.

I'm still on the fence about giving her up, and if I do, it will have to be to a very good home and I would like to make sure everything is okay. She's never slept outside, she's always been inside at night.

IM me on her for more details or if you would like to meet her.

Thanks!

JINXR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

She looks like a lovely dog. I think she would rather be with you and your family rather than with another family in a larger premise.
Vampire, really evil cat, 17 years
Candi, 12 years,
Brendan, golden retriever-the thriller from Manila, 7 years
Becky, Jazz and Annie at bridge
vjt555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjt555 View Post
She looks like a lovely dog. I think she would rather be with you and your family rather than with another family in a larger premise.
I couldn't agree more! Unless there are other reasons, I don't see why you should giver her up. Dogs can care less about the value of your house or the size of your yard, just as long as they're with their family and well taken care of, that's all that matters!
Shep's_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

are you able to give her the exercise she needs.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

At 6 she will be slowing down on the need for exercise....I think it is cruel to rehome the dog who has been part of your family since a puppy because you do not have a big yard for her to run loose in....she will adjust to less room to roam much easier than to being torn away from the family she has been part of for her whole life...

Please reconsider and make some adjustments to your schedule to allow you to exercise her and keep her....she looks like she really loves you....

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
She stays inside all the time and we give her a lot of attention, but she needs more.
How much attention does a 6y. old GSD need? She's entering her senior years, as a large breed dog. You and your family are all she's known.

I'm always confused by "needs more attention", and believe this to be one of those "preset" or knee jerk responses when giving dogs up. Others are "needs room to run", "having a baby", "recently moved".

How much attention exactly, does a dog need, and what leads you to believe it's not enough for her?
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'll be honest here. It irks me when people think that a lot of land is better for a dog than love and regular exercise. I'm sure Ozzy would be happier with me in a studio apartment and no yard than with someone else in a mansion on 300 acres of land.

If you can still take her out to get her the exercise she needs and give her the attention she needs, there's no need to rehome her. It's cruel, in my opinion.
-Fastest 2012 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Look into her eyes..... Think she'd rather land than her family? She'd rather be living in your car with you than to live on a farm with strangers. Please reconsider.
kingbaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.