Aurora/Naperville, IL. 9mo old black GSD--CL posting!! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmasMom View Post
Holy cow! When did it get flagged? I just looked at the thing a few minutes ago to start this thread so it had to have been done with in the last few minutes.
Good thing you posted it here before it was flagged.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The husband would be rehomed. Poor dog.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmasMom View Post
A friend of mine on FB sent me a link to this dog. Sounds like a nice dog but husbands a jerk. Is anybody out there that can help or refer them to a local rescue. I put him in urgent since I have no way of knowing how long they will attempt to find a home before they dump him.

9 mos. old black German shepherd (Naperville/ Aurora)

Date: 2012-12-25, 8:32PM CST
wpfbq-3500994275@comm.craigslist.org[?] Looking for a good home for Shadow, full blood All black German Shepherd. He is neutered with all of his shots/ vaccines current. He is also microchipped and has completed puppy training classes. He is energetic, lively and very obedient. He is also crate trained. He absolutely loves to go on walks, play ball/ fetch, play with other dogs and go swimming. He shows no food aggression, listens to commands and enjoys challenges. We have been his only owners since he was 8 weeks old straight from the breeder in Texas. He has had some lameness in his legs (panosteitis) that have been on/ off since he was about 6 mos old, and isn't expected to go away until his bones stop growing. Very common in shepherds. Crate resting for a week is all it takes. We have files/ medical records for everything. We will continue to pay for his puppy insurance through Banfield Vet until he is 1 yr old.

He recently bit my husband's hands which is the reason we cannot keep him. The bite was more of a fearful reaction and in no way was it aggressive or dominate behavior based. My husband has just never liked the dog ( no specific reason) which has caused Shadow to be fearful of him. Shadow is great with our 3 kids ages 8, 4 and 6 mos and views me as pack leader -100% obedient and loyal. I have had many dogs before but this was my husbands first time with a dog - and taking on a powerful breed like the shepherd- is not working out. It is in everyone's best interest to find Shadow a loving and committed new home.

I am looking for a great new owners for my beloved pet. Preferably seasoned dog owners of strong breeds.
Serious inquiries only.

Please call or reply by email for more info : (630) 301-0457.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pet/3500994275.html
I emailed them about him for me...they are pretty local to me. I haven't heard back from them yet.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I emailed them about him for me...they are pretty local to me. I haven't heard back from them yet.

That is AWESOME! Did you try the phone no that was included? If they don't respond, I would try that.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

A fear aggressive dog should not be in a home with children. Unless the husband was beating him, the dog shouldn't have bit. The fact that the dog will bite when it's scared means it is NOT a safe dog to have living with children, regardless of it being fearful of the husband.

Won't be the popular opinion, but it's reality and I'm glad she is trying to find the dog a new home.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have made contact with her and will let you know how it turns out. The dog is fine...
Echo-Rescue GSD/Husky
Barnaby-Holland Lop

Maureen
White Paws GSD Rescue
In-Take Coordinator
http://www.whitepawsgsr.com
Prinzsalpha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.