Detroit,MI 10 month old male needs new home... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Yes - good adopters wait for whatever! GoodKarma on this board had to wait for Rosa until she was healthy enough to be spayed, and then a week after. I am guessing it was almost a month-five weeks? We made arrangements so they could see her and it worked out well - she knew them, was all set for fun.

Placing Your Own whoops link I mentioned.

Oh also - when people have GSD experience, that does not mean they have GSD experience with "oddities" in the breed - which is something we have always explained to potential adopters who have "had GSDs all their life" when they are looking at special needs dogs.
JeanKBBMMMAAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

not out of line at all to ask adopter to wait for neuter, and also the responsible thing to do. please check vet references (personal references are useless imho, who's gonna give a personal reference that will say bad things???), and be careful.
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

It looks like Bear has found a new forever home. I am so happy for him. I have spoken extensively with the potential adopter on the phone. He is very experienced with shepherds and had a dog with a lot of the same fear issues that Bear has. He lives alone, no other pets and is committed to lots of training with him. He is retired and looking for companionship. As long as everything checks out on Friday when we meet, Bear will be in his new home and have a much better life then I was able to give him. I am sad but so happy at the same time. Thank you to everyone for all the advice on rehoming him.
jenniecc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Great news! Sounds like a really good place for Bear. Wishing Bear a great future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.