German Shepherds Forum banner

FredD dog Wiley needs a new home

10K views 56 replies 21 participants last post by  onyx'girl 
#1 ·
Back in August of this year I lost a good friend named Fred Dubiel, some of you have had the chance to know Fred. We are trying to help Fred's wife Linda to find a home for one of Freds dogs Wiley or as some of you knew him as Brix. He is located near Detroit Michigan. Wiley has been neutered. Anyone interested please call 870-736-4737

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
Just me, because I am a paranoid polly, I wouldn't post an eval on a public forum where it would not be able to be erased. I went out to meet a dog once - did all sorts of touching, moving, grabbing, etc, and the dog was great for me. She ended up in a shelter and failed her eval - for whatever reason and was rescue only - so if I had said she's easy peasy (which I *swear* she was!!!) and someone off the street had taken her, and she was put under pressure she might not have been okay. Who knows nowadays who is going to come back at you and for what.

#33 ·
I just wouldn't post it on a forum. Because if I say this is a dog that can be touched all over the first thing that will happen is that someone will grab it by the tongue and the dog will grab their hand and then I am the one who said "this is a dog that can be touched all over" and I will be in trouble. :rofl: :(

#35 ·
I don't put a lot of stock in shelter evals.
The reason being...I got a dog in w/the eval stating he was fine with cats. Yeah he was wonderful with cats -- until the cat's back was turned! Thereupon he tried to eat the cat.
Nice.
I'd rather see an "owner surrender" form filled out than a shelter eval. OS forms can tell you if the dog lived with cats/kids/other dogs, and if they don't lie, are much more useful to me than some shelter eval.

#37 ·
Here is not the place to discuss the eval process. Shelter evals are tough because the dog is stressed and owners lie when surrendering a dog. Best thing to do (esp in the case because it is possible) is talk with the owner and meet the dog and draw your own conclusions. Let's keep the OT chat to a minimum. Thanks.

#38 ·
I think Jean is right, sometimes it takes a while, several months, to place even the best dog. In our experience sables are harder to place with the average pet owner, people around here at least prefer the Rin Tin Tin look. Maybe also the Sch community can be approached. He is too far for our applicants, unfortunately, around here people want to meet the dog before committing.
I just wish I could have another dog, I would have to place some fosters first. He is just gorgeous.
Don't be too disappointed that it takes some time, the family that gets him has to appreciate the great dog they will get.
If it is a comfort, adoptions here tend to pick up before/around Christmas as people have some time off to spend with a new dog.
Sending positive thoughts.

#47 ·
Yes the phone number is mine so that Linda's number isn't broadcasted over the internet. Everyone is welcome to call me and i will give Linda's number. Jefferson GSD you are welcome to call Linda now that you have her number. Just know that this male hasn't been around children so that is something that either needs to be worked with or even thought about also

#57 ·
You'd think Nary's dad could have updated. Wonder why he hasn't?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.