Looking for home for female GSD in Indiana - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for home for female GSD in Indiana

Hello all. This is going to be a tough sell but I am putting it out there in hopes that the perfect place pops up.

Zada is a rescue that I took in two years ago. She is 3 years old and spayed, housebroke with fairly good manners indoors. She will not potty in the house, will not counter cruise or get on your furniture. That's the good.

The bad is she is about half nuts. She would definitely be a challenge and can only go to someone experienced. I have 4 other GSD and we are just at a point that if the perfect home came along, I would let her go, otherwise I will keep plugging along and keep her.

When she came to me 2 years ago, she had severe issues with fear aggression ( still does ) but she has come a long way. Meeting strangers included teeth baring, hair raised, rushing and snapping. She no longer does that, now she just barks and goes to the top of the stairs and watches. She cannot get along with other dogs, I have to always keep her separated from the others. She is not to be trusted with small children that are loud and move quickly.

Her nerves are constantly in a state of agitation, changes in her routine or enviroment will cause her to lose her hair and she stays rail thin.

If I had to put an ad out for her it would read something like this: If you have no other pets, no friends, no company and don't want any I have the perfect dog for you. She is like a bull in a china shop, I don t' know how many times she has cracked my teeth together by her wild head swinging.

All that being said, she is an excellent watch dog and bonds very tightly to her family. She is very fond of my husband and I and our 3 teenage kids. They can roll in the floor and do flip flops with her. Guests can rarely glimpse her.

Life with Zada and 4 other dogs is difficult at best, but I am not looking to just dump her off. Like I said before, if the perfect place doesn't appear I will keep her. I often feel bad for her because I know she would do much better in a single pet home with an experienced handler. She is definitely loyal and when she trusts you, she loves to be loved on and played with. The poor girl is just a bit insane, even the vet says he has never come across one quite like her and he's an old school vet that has seen alot of animals.

I am certainly not a professional trainer by an means, but I have had GSD almost all my life and enjoy training them and seeing results. It kind of comes naturally to me, with my other 4 i can sit back and think a minute and come up with a way to communicate what I want from them. Beyond the basics, Zada is bigger than me. I was able to stop the aggression towards strangers, once she learned she didn't have to be nasty because I was going to take care of it. She learned not to get on furniture or counter cruise. My husband simply says you just can't fix crazy.

There now, didn't I say this would be a tough sell?!
susan.msp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Contact Amber @ GSD rescue Indy. She is very knowledgeable and should be able to help you place your girl in a good home if you are sure this is what you want to do.

german shepherd rescue indiana, german shepherd rescue indianapolis

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I sent her a message, thank you.
susan.msp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.