Help!!!!!!!!!! From minnesota - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Help!!!!!!!!!! From minnesota

I have a nine month old german shepard that i got when she was six weeks old. My dog now is getting to aggressive and will jump and bit my children if they run. She also will bite childrens hands if thay take anything from her mouth that she chews on or are to close to her food. I have took my dog to dog classes to get her use to other dog and also to dog parks. She does good around them but if on a leash she acts like she wants to attack the other dog. I \ tried things i found online on how to correct bad behaviors and nothing seems to work. I dont want to give her to the humane society i want her to go to a good home that is willing to work with her. I have also contacted the local police to see if they are looking for german shepards. I no longer can keep my dog. anyone know when i can get some help on where to place her that she will be ok.. she is all current on shots and knows some commands.sarahsteckman28@yahoo.com or by phone at 507 383 8403
sarahlola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Are you sure its aggression or playing? GSD's are herders, they play rough, and your dog is a teen age dog right now. She needs to be redirected when she is showing any kind of behavior that is not acceptable by you. How many classes has she had? Does she get any more mental(obedience) training now? How about physical exercise? Shelters are loaded with bigger dogs that aren't adopted out to families with kids for this reason. Its not an acceptable behavior but I'm not sure its aggression. She is testing her limits and you have to set those limits. Last question is, why can't you work with her?
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Contact a professional trainer. You have a lot on your hands and definitely need some help managing your pup.
sabledog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

There are places in MN that are willing to work with low income people to assist them with their dog issues. I am not sure how much help they could do with training but here are some links:

The Pet Project - Homepage
Help A Pet
Minnesota Spay Neuter Assistance Program

There are German Shepherd rescues in MN, if I had to give my dog up I would much rather have her/him go to a breed specific rescue as opposed to a dog pound or humane society:

Minnesota German Shepherd Rescue ADOPTIONS *RescueMe.Org

Welcome

http://www.arottalove.org/

Good luck.
cs9955 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

That second link did not work right, sorry. it goes to Midwest Animal Rescue, though.
cs9955 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

she sounds like a normal puppy to me not agressive...if you cant keep her contact your local german shepherd rescue..they will find a good home..im with a GSD recuse but not in your area
rooandtree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs9955 View Post
That second link did not work right, sorry. it goes to Midwest Animal Rescue, though.
Midwest Animal Rescue has a GSD Team. I didn't try the other links, but I know of no other current or active GSD (breed specific) in MN right now.
I am a volunteer with Midwest and work with Team GSD.
I handle/train/foster the "difficult" GSD's. (As a retired K9 handler, what else would I do)
PM me your contact info and location and I'll see what I can do to help.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours faithful and true~ to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~unknown
CassandGunnar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.