|11-13-2014 06:21 PM|
We’re excited to announce that additional features has been added and improvements were made to the enhanced mobile view.
Thanks to the feedback that everyone has provided, we were able to tailor the mobile view to better fit forum members’ needs and fix a few bugs along the way.
A few of the new features that were added includes:
• Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
• A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
• A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
• There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
• Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
• The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.
Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:
• After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
• PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
• The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
• Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
• The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.
Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.
**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.
|09-09-2014 10:38 PM|
Thank you for your feedback on the new smartphone view. As we said before, we're going to work on improving it as much as we can so that your experience with it will be better than what it was before. The feedback you're providing will go a long way to help us get there.
|09-06-2014 12:49 PM|
thanks for the tips...
|09-06-2014 12:18 PM|
|Girl_Loves_Hydraulics||Tried again and not too bad...I like that you can pick the view...either mobile or desktop view ty!|
|09-06-2014 09:21 AM|
|09-06-2014 08:39 AM|
|ksotto333||I'm not happy with it either....I can't find active link,when I'm working and only have a few minutes I always use that. I'm going to try the ap I guess and see if I like ot any better. It does seem slower to me...|
|09-05-2014 05:08 PM|
|09-05-2014 02:19 PM|
Second the petguide mobile app.. it is pretty awesome..
BUT I didn't actually find myself hating this new update to the site like most. But I have also only used the petguide app so this is the first time accessing the site from my phone.
I am with everyone who wants "Active Topics" added, though I think that might be covered under "Latest" in the menu. I clicked on that and it seemed to list all the threads in active topics. I'll have to play around with it more, but it doesn't seem that terrible to me. I have an S4 too and it didn't load slowly for me.
|09-05-2014 01:35 PM|
Also, the petguide mobile app is amazing. That's all I use. Try it
|09-05-2014 01:33 PM|
|Nigel||Tried to use it again today, beyond annoying. I'll find some other site to read during lunch and breaks.|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|