|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|06-15-2014 08:26 PM|
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Red. I have learned that a good decision is one that is best for everyone involved. Sounds like passing on this pup is best for Red and your husband and you. GSD puppies are exhausting in and of themselves, and when you have an ailing dog, I imagine the stress of meeting both dogs needs will be high.
I wish you the very best.
|06-15-2014 08:18 PM|
|Charlie W||I rang the breeder and she was very understanding and sweet about the whole thing. I still feel bad for her and I hope I don't regret my decision because I waited so long for this pup, but I think it'll be better to wait and not bring a puppy into a stressful environment. Added to that, the vet has said that Red will have to be kept trauma free for at least 2 weeks when he comes home... Not an easy task with a 2 year old GSD and a puppy.. It'll be hard enough to stop him from romping with Norah!|
|06-15-2014 04:22 PM|
I agree with Katieliz. I don't understand why the breeder should make you feel guilty or pressured about not taking a pup. There must be other buyers in the wings.... if this breeder is of good reputation. If not, don't let it worry you that you 'letting the breeder down'. The puppy and Red are what is most important in all of this. You are being very responsible in your decision.
I hope Reds recovery goes smoothly.
|06-15-2014 03:41 PM|
Originally Posted by katieliz View Post
|06-15-2014 02:40 PM|
i am not a breeder but just want to say that (imho), you are absolutely doing the right thing and listening to your inner voice and honoring that. i think it's a remarkably strong thing to do and unquestionably right. again just imho.
all good thoughts and quick healing energy to Red. take care.
|06-15-2014 02:23 PM|
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
|06-15-2014 02:08 PM|
|carmspack||I wouldn't like this attitude at all ", the breeder wants the pup gone by the end of the week"|
|06-15-2014 01:59 PM|
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Lee, what do you mean 'too late'? Too late for you to be able to forgive her or...?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App
|06-15-2014 01:50 PM|
|Charlie W||Thanks for the responses, I certainly don't expect the deposit to be returned, the breeder wants the pup gone by the end of the week. I'm not able to drive the 12 hr round trip to get him as I don't want to leave Red at the vet longer than I need to and I think he'll need me here when he comes home. Luckily I don't have to work for 2 weeks, I took time off for the new puppy.. The alternative is to arrange a flight but I'd have to do that today. I don't feel it's the right thing to do given that Red will not be feeling great when he gets he and having an 8 week old puppy around will be stressful for him. Added to that's husband has gone cold on the puppy idea because of the huge bill that's coming our way for Red|
|06-15-2014 10:51 AM|
Have had people have overwhelming things come up when they had paid a deposit on a puppy.....things happen....either I hold onto the pup for a few weeks or send back their deposit - as long as I know what has happened! One buyer, embarrassed by her personal situation, backed out the morning that she was to pick up the pup, but just said she changed her mind, trainer did not like the pup....that was when non refundable clause was used....her trainer owned the sire....and 2 years later told me what happened....too late.
In your case, sure, I would not hold you to a sale...
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|