|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|05-20-2014 03:56 PM|
|SusiQ||Yes, she recommended 5 mg/day (normal dose) - I just mix it in with peanut butter in his Kong.|
|05-14-2014 12:58 PM|
Originally Posted by SusiQ View Post
|05-14-2014 12:57 PM|
Originally Posted by blackshep View Post
|05-14-2014 12:01 PM|
|SusiQ||My vet recommended pepcid for vomiting bile as well.|
|05-14-2014 09:24 AM|
Oh dear, I hope your pups health improves quickly!
I agree, seems like very little food. You can achieve weight loss by cutting back some, but it does not need to be drastic. Also, increase exercise.
My dog throws up when she's hungry as well.
How old is your dog? Can you post a picture, from square on at it's side in good lighting and also down from the top?
My dog is fed twice daily, at about 6:00am and about 4 or 5 pm. I feed raw, she gets about 375-400 grams of food per feeding.
|05-13-2014 09:40 PM|
Mine vomited bile until i started feeding 4x.
6:15 am 1 cup
5:00 pm 1 cup with 2 tablespoons of canned food
8:00 pm 1/2 cup
9:00 pm 1/2 cup with 1 tablespoon of canned food
Hasnt Vomited bile since this feeding sched. for 2 years
|05-08-2014 10:21 PM|
|Stosh||Stosh will vomit bile when his stomach is empty overnight. I give him a bedtime snack. Try a gingersnap cookie at bedtime|
|05-08-2014 06:52 PM|
Originally Posted by Galathiel View Post
|05-08-2014 06:03 PM|
|Galathiel||That's a tiny amount of food. Probably 1/2 cup a day of my pup's food. Seems quite drastic!|
|05-08-2014 04:40 PM|
So 3 x-rays were taken and the vet determined that there was a some fluid in her left lung as well as some covering part of her heart. Because it's only effecting one lung, she thinks that it's unlikely to be pneumonia. She suspects that she might have aspirated while lying down or that there might be an infection. She also has slight tracheal collapse, exacerbated by the fact that she is overweight.
2 seperate blood labs were conducted. One for heart worm and white blood cell count. The second for heart enzyme. She is currently taking antibiotics twice a day as we await the results (estimated 2 days). The full x-ray readings should be in tomorrow.
It it's a respiratory problem she'll continue the antibiotics for 2 weeks and go in for a follow up x-ray. If it's a heart problem (unlikely) then she'll have to take meds permanently.
She is now on a 220cal/day diet. That will be difficult to measure out since it's such a small amount of food. I wish they went by mass and not volume :/ Digital scale > measuring cup
I also set up an check up exam for Charlie since he hasn't been to the vet for a long time. His vaccines are due this October (My birthday present to myself :P). All in all I managed to rack up a pretty nice bill XD. Anything for my puppies!
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|