|Today 05:53 AM|
If i were to visit a friend with a with a dog will he get distemper from Tyson?
Like, virus gets transfered to me, i go to the house, dog comes to me, inhales or gets infected???
It's been bugging me for a while. If i see a dog, i change the side of the road, i have avoided dogs in my neighbor who get's couple of biscuits each everyday from me. None of my friends ( all of them a dog owner) are allowed to visit Tyson. Tyson has been inside or compund ( fairly large) for a month.
Yesterday i was on a meat shop, buying meat like everyday and a couple was carrying a puppy, maybe 2-3 months old Japanese Spitz and came behind me, i freaked out and almost shouted at them, they looked shocked when i told them to get their dog to hospital for vaccination and never take your dog outside until the dose is complete.
The whole distemper thingy is getting into my head.
Lots of people out there, trying to make buck out of vaccination, poor people they think they are safe once vaccinated. Korean vaccine, expired vaccine, badly stored vacciine....you dodge one you will get hit my another..for sure.
|Today 05:42 AM|
We are praying that it is anything else rather than the second stage... i was happy and still happy to care him for rest of his life, cleaning nose, wiping ass...a wobble will not make me change my mind, just praying that it is not the second stage.
I was in shock when he referred to put him down, could't bear the news..wife was crying, sis was crying, Tyson layin on the table with red eyes.. If they tells me "see we told you to put him to sleep!" tomorrowo, well, let's say its been almost a month since i went to my Zym and punched heavy bag, i'll make him into one, right there. and let Tyson prance around him, may be wobble around him, but he is coming back home with me.
We have done a lot, my family have done a lot, Tyson had come a long way to give up now. he is not in pain, he is not suffering, we are swinging until the end.
I just wanted to hear that it can be xxx, or it can be yyy...we just do not want it to be Distemper- second stage.
Rocky and Molly are very fortunate to have you.
Does he still wobble? Right now, it is manageable, he runs, walks, does everything as normal, he misses going outside our gate but it wouldn't kill him.
|Today 04:55 AM|
Inner ear infection can cause balance problems but... yeah. It could effect his balance but the swaying and weakness not likely.
I was told with Rocky it was a birth defect? For all I know it could have been the exact same thing you have??
But don't panic if he has "wobblers" it's not the end! He won't be an IPO dog but he can still be a very good dog!
Stay on the ABX to fight the secondary infection! I think 'maybe"it could go to the brain it doesn't have to, maybe the damage is already done? Just keep doing what your doing and watch him. If it is "wobblers" he'll make adjustments in how he moves.
Long as he is not in pain and if I'm right he won't be. He will still be the happy dog you knew before! And I'd take a 'Wobbly dog I love vs a gone dog I love any day of the week!
If he is going in to the vet, see what they have to say. But don't let them tell you "see we told you to put him to sleep!"
I'm sure Rocky's original owners had that discussion in 2007! I'm glad they said no!
|Today 02:50 AM|
The more i research, the more i read...it feels like starting of the second stage, neuron stage??? I think it starts with the spinal cord and then it gets to Brain??
Can't describe how i am feeling right now. I think i will take rest of the day off and head home to stay with my boy.
|Today 02:46 AM|
Will ear infection make his back legs weak??? or make him balance less???
We were thinking of second stage.... Never in my life have i've been haunted by this word before "second stage".
|Today 02:43 AM|
|Today 02:31 AM|
Wobblers/Ataxia. He had it when I got him at 7 months he's 7 years old today. Hopefully it's temporary.
If not.. me and Rocky have your back!
PS if you have a choice I'd dump that vet, that said put him down! Screw him!
|Today 12:13 AM|
|Stevenzachsmom||Still praying for Tyson!|
|Today 12:06 AM|
I would expect, anybody would expect some days of antibiotic, some treatment and see for couple of days if he can pull through...not all the dogs dies.
Yes, the second stage is what i do not want Tyson to suffer, if he was into that then i would make the decision myself....but on first check up...that was not what i expected..JMHO.
|Yesterday 11:57 PM|
|my boy diesel||
i would be quite concerned about the neurologic portion of the disease at this point
vet probably suggested euthanasia due to the fact distemper is often fatal
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|