|02-13-2014 06:18 PM|
|02-13-2014 06:16 PM|
|02-13-2014 06:02 PM|
If not much is ingested he should be ok for that hour. I read some rat poison the dog won't show symptoms for many days which is bad because when it does it may be too late. My dog ate it over night and I discovered the neon poop the next morning and it was too late to induce vomiting then but he made it. He showed no symptoms. This is a 10 lbs dog.
If he ingested any, I think the vet has a way to tell by measuring the K levels or something in his blood stream.
|02-13-2014 05:53 PM|
i'm thinking after an hour he would be sick. i'm glad you went to the Vet.
where was the mice poison?
|02-13-2014 05:13 PM|
|misslesleedavis1||Glad you made it in|
|02-13-2014 05:04 PM|
|Airman1stclass||We just made it to the emergency room. Its been almost an hour. Hopefully everything will be ok. We're not even sure if he actually ate any, all the pieces he dropped out of his mouth are whole.|
|02-13-2014 04:56 PM|
Be sure you know the brand of the poison. Some companies are using a new formula which does not have a treatment for it yet.
Mouse and Rat Poison - Toxicity in Dogs and Cats
Found an earlier link regarding this: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...paign=20130524
|02-13-2014 04:53 PM|
You can make him vomit right now, I did it many times with my previous dogs. Anything you need is salt, a little of water and large syringe. If you don't have a syringe do it manually, making clots of salt, pushing right down the throat and avoiding the tongue. Don't be afraid to put too much. Cut your nails in avoidance of scratching your dog's tender throat
How to Make a Dog Vomit - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
|02-13-2014 04:27 PM|
|Blanketback||Emergency vet might be after hours only, so try the nearest clinic to you now. I hope this turns out to be nothing, but don't risk it - go to the vet. Good luck!|
|02-13-2014 04:23 PM|
|misslesleedavis1||Vets straight away,|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|